Internet Explorer won't connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer won't connect

I know my internet is connected but when I try using IE it just shows the cannot display page with any site I try to connect to! I tried using the stupid diagnoses thing but it just says that the remote device or resource won't accept the connection. Any idea what it is? Firefox works fine though.

You might have had some malware change your connectivity settings. This happened to me once and I had to go into Internet Options and remove a proxy setting, or some such thing.

If so, having your settings changed like that could be a sign of something more serious, like a trojan or rootkit, so scan that machine.

Comment

Hmm... that's funny I just realized my firewall was off then I turned it back on but it suddenly turned back off by itself. I'm using McAfee.

Comment

Hehe.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computer

It's not active protection, but it's a great scanning tool if you think you're already infected.
          e|------------------------0---------------
          B|---------------0^1----------------1----
          G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
          D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
          A|---------------0------------------------
          E|----------------------------------------

Comment

It says "The requested URL /products/malwarebytes_free was not found on this server." when I try connecting to the link you gave. I don't know why but it's coming up with a Google message:

Comment

try clicking on the whole link, not just half of it
              e|------------------------0---------------
              B|---------------0^1----------------1----
              G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
              D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
              A|---------------0------------------------
              E|----------------------------------------

Comment

malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free is the link you gave me.

Comment

You have something that said you are forbidden to use antivirus/spyware software. You are doooooomed.

Try this HouseCall - Free Online Virus Scan - Trend Micro USA
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

That redirects me to Google.

Comment

C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc

open the hosts file with a text editor, make sure there's nothing weird in there. viruses/malware are known to hijack that file to redirect you to other sites
                      Clan Brotherhood of the Axe

Comment

You can try rolling back to a previous save state too. This might help.

Comment

Reboot pc,

When your bios screen or splash screen just disappears (just prior to windows splash screen coming up) press F8

Boot safemode with networking and try, the housecall link again that mindz posted "or you can try the roll back state (which rarely ever works)".

Duely note you will have 640x480 res, in safemode.

However, that should scan and remove whatever you have (in theory).

Alternatively to that, while your in safemode, you can load run, and regedit.

In regedit, F3, "run" search to match exact work:

Remove any abnormal enteries in the "Run" and "RUNonce" folders, do not remove entries in other folders.

Then keep pressing F3, until your out of run folders, and then close regedit, reboot the system.

See if IE works fine.

~Cheers, goodluck.

Comment

I would do it except for one thing, IE is now opening by itself and then stops responding. It's doing this is a repeated cycle, on the brighter side of things my firewall suddenly turned back on by itself. I done a scan last night and it detected and removed 4 viruses. So I don't understand why this is happening now.

Comment

/
                              Clan Brotherhood of the Axe

Comment

Working...
                              X