what happend to cax?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what happend to cax?!

The servers used to be populated daily with a shit ton of people, now im lucky if i get in 1 game a week, usually a 1v1 or, 1v1v1.. I hope its not going to be like mods from the past and disappear into the abyss..

2 out of 3 attempt I make to idle/wait on players fail. The other 3 efforts are met with success, fruitful success.

Grapes 24/7
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

i guess patients is a virtue, I wish quake would pop back up when i minimize it when players join while im sitting idle waiting on people, or pop up some non intrusive alert on my screen to let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
        2 out of 3 attempt I make to idle/wait on players fail. The other 3 efforts are met with success, fruitful success.

Grapes 24/7
        I think Mindzy's bad math up there means he has started celebrating 420 day already
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

lol

Comment

the good part is i knew what he meant lol.....and people play more cax!! its mandatory

Comment

YAH, I woke up and rolled. I meant 2 out of 5

Yea, while you was playing RQ earlier this morning I was doin some idling at various CAx servers haha. I saw you

Qrack has a autofocus type feature , and the new DirectQ will support neat little notifications coming from your system tray (this feature is sek-c)
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

hmm cool ill have to check those out

Comment

from my iphone i can monitor both of my CAx servers. I've seen quite a bit of activity lately going on at dallas.servequake.com:26000. You might want to keep this down ninja as that server is more centrally located for quakers. It's in Dallas, TX. the cax.servequake.com is located in Atlanta, GA as you already know. But both server's have been the most active out of every quake server listed other then quake.shmack.net I wish i could get on more often to play, it's hit or miss with me, but usually i go on the server idle for 15-20 minutes and boom, someone pop's up.. within 30-45 mins there are usually 5-6 people on server and 2v2's and 3v3's are going on. Just be patient when you go on there and someone will show more and likely.

Comment

proquake needs those features, so i can idle without looking like a afk-troll but yea ill try out some patients and see how it goes, but more people need to play ca. just sayin

Comment

If you use Qrack,
                      connect to a server, chose a color then use cl_autofocus 1, now you can alt-tab out. When someone connects and colors up the game will come back up to fullscreen.
                      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

WTF is up with cax.servequake.com getting 150 ping and everybody who shows their ping just climbs?
                        Server is toast.
                        Im getting 80 to dallas and that one is like 1200 miles farther away.
                        WARNING
                        May be too intense for some viewers.
                        Stress Relief Device
                        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                        ---------------------------
                        .--------------------------

Comment

Crow, not sure why you and r00k have been pinging so horrible lately. Must be some type of routing issues. The host has not changed in 5 months and i restart the server's 3-4 times a week from my iphone. You and r00k are the only 2 i know at this moment that have been getting crap. no clue man wish i could help.

Comment

they aren't the only ones. when i go there, i start off pinging well. after i've been there for a few hours, usually around peak hours, 7pm-11pm, my ping continuously rises. from upper 20's to 80's..
                            "When I was your age, we used to rocket jump all the way to school, up hill both ways - IN BOILING LAVA!"

Comment

during the shitty hours when its happening, do a traceroute and see where your hops go shitty,that might shed some light onto the situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X