Thou shalt not steal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thou shalt not steal!

Ok, so this guy's friend left her T-Mobile Sidekick II in a NYC taxi, and some girl found it. Rather than doing the honorable thing and return the phone or doing the smart thing and dumping the SIM card and master resetting the phone… they began to use it. So this guy is posting everything and embarrasing the hell out of them. God bless the internet!

How NOT to steal a Sidekick II

If I found anything I wouls keep it, unless someone was lookingfor it o_O
    e|------------------------0---------------
    B|---------------0^1----------------1----
    G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
    D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
    A|---------------0------------------------
    E|----------------------------------------

Comment

http://www.amirtofangsazan.blogspot.com/

How to not try and rip someone off on ebay. That site is awesome.

If I found something that was obviously personal such as a cellphone, I would try to find out whos it was, or turn it into an authority of some sort. I mean come on.
      Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Dumbasses

Comment

Originally posted by scar3crow
          If I found something that was obviously personal such as a cellphone, I would try to find out whos it was, or turn it into an authority of some sort. I mean come on.
          That's how I think. The ethics of a thief leads to a life of poverty.

Woo hoo I stole a cellphone and made $80 in free calls! And maybe risk getting caught and put in jail and racking up $5000 in legal fees, losing your job (and having a hard time getting one again) and ruin your reputation among those that know you.

Notice that very few thieves live well.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

If that were my sidekick I would do the same. Found/busted/confronted return the damn phone. Drop it off at a store counter saying found and tell the person where to pick it up. I sure wouldn't want a prospective employer to do a google search to find that I stole a phone. Or had any part of a stolen anything......
            www.Net-Tyme.com
            Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
            Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

I'm still enjoying the sidekick saga...

Forums crashing one after another.

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

Me to actually. I have to jump over alot of the areas but you have to admit.. it is funny, entertaining, and a pure time blaster.
                I'm kinda waiting for the last brick to fall and expose this for something entirely different.. Like a new TV show or something.. lol.
                www.Net-Tyme.com

Comment

Kind of interesting, but the person who put up this page comes across as a bit of a noob and moron as well. First and foremost and most obvious an example of which is his choice to type U instead of You, and other frequent failures to spell, capitalize, use grammar, etc. Which will always make me mad.

Also, this website is a huge attempt just to harrass someone, and yet the guy says

See...u guys can stop all this.... I want a APOLOGY and the Sidekick back. That's all... Not trying to threaten u guys..not trying to harrass u guys....Just want what is right..
                  You're not trying to harrass them?! SURE!

Comment

Were talking about a sidekick where abbreviations are a given. After reading all of this I wouldn't mind trying one myself. And in an effort for speed on those things I imagine I would have to abbreviate as well But I already do that when I take notes they just aren't ummm .. internet abbreviations!!! lol. oops that was one wasn't it? ttyl.. ooops another one. cya.. omg.. dk but.. I can say... some of those that I've seen I have no idea what they mean.. It took me a long time to figure out what AFK meant and I'm sorry.. OBS is still a brand of a Tampon.
                    www.Net-Tyme.com

Comment

Originally posted by Net-Tyme
                      I'm sorry.. OBS is still a brand of a Tampon.

TMI... funny, but TMI.

Still an ongoing saga over there. I hope he nails them.

Comment

Grim, I have to say.. I love your signature and Avatar the best out of all of them. I know.. OFF TOPIC.. But had to throw that in!!!
                        www.Net-Tyme.com

Comment

Thanks! The real kudos go out to Fire before he left the forums. He found the avatar for me. He sure did have some enlightening posts.

Now to turn the de-rail to get back on track...

I've been updating his page just to see all the trials he's been going through. Nothing new yet.

Comment

Makes you wonder though. They are worried about her being a minor. I don't get the concern? I mean.. If your a minor and your parents are responsible for your whereabouts and your activities. Then obviously they approved her activity to have a child? Wouldn't that then emancipate her from her parents care? She is now the legal guardian of a child probably collecting state funds as such. And if a minor can't give legal consent of posting her pic then she sure can't be a legal guardian of squat and therefore can't collect state funds? lol. sorry.. just batting this through my head. I think he is being way to nice btw..
                            www.Net-Tyme.com

Comment

Parents should be involved as well. I'm surprised that I haven't heard them get into this yet, but like other parents that are negligent of their own children, they too should have legal action taken against them.

A child just can't emancipate themselves from their parents, at least not in Louisiana. Legal paperwork is needed with the parents signature stating that they are willing to emancipate. I don't know how NY handles children having children so I can't speak for state funding.

You're right, he is being way too lenient. This is the latest from his site... not looking good.

I have received numerous emails from NYPD officers who stated that I did get the run around. That this was a clear case of petit larceny. They and others are telling me that this is a fact of life now in New York City to classify any crimes a lower status than they really are. That's just pathetic. I don't even have words to describe how I feel about this.

*edit* (SP)

Comment

Working...
                              X