Facebook ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
    Ya its a really good tool for family to keep up with 'the happenings' of other family members lives, because now days who has time to visit all their family in person all the time?
    Was a crappy post I shouldn't have done.

Was dwelling on the general crapitudeness of many of the pages with 7000,0000 likes that mean nothing or empty corporate shill sites that feel they need to have a "Facebook presence". And, in a "glass in half-empty" and "damn, I'm tired and have a lot of stuff to do" mindset plus hurricane messing with people's lives upsetness ... at the time.

Facebook, like anything else, does have several good uses like you pointed out.

Baker very stupid posts: +1.

/Succumbed to my hatred of Farmville. I have my reasons. But like most of my stories, they would make you a worse person for hearing them.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
      Was a crappy post I shouldn't have done.

Was dwelling on the general crapitudeness of many of the pages with 7000,0000 likes that mean nothing or empty corporate shill sites that feel they need to have a "Facebook presence". And, in a "glass in half-empty" and "damn, I'm tired and have a lot of stuff to do" mindset plus hurricane messing with people's lives upsetness ... at the time.

Facebook, like anything else, does have several good uses like you pointed out.

Baker very stupid posts: +1.

/Succumbed to my hatred of Farmville. I have my reasons. But like most of my stories, they would make you a worse person for hearing them.
      It's okay bro , I can ECHO 99% of your view point of Facebook. The things I listed are hard pressed to make up for shit like the link beloew

http://www.facebook.com/bettycrocker

WHY IN A FUCK DOES BETTERCROCKER NEED A FACEBOOK.
      Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 11-01-2012, 08:57 AM.
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I also got on Facebook in the hopes of keeping up with family, but I have to say that none of them ever post anything serious on there. Facebook seems to be a dumping ground for everyone's favourite memes and romantic images and "if you agree with this, share it!" kind of things.

It hasn't helped me to keep close to family at all. The only thing that happened is that my mom now likes every post I make there. Something tells me that isn't really anything extraordinary. It also made me see how little I have in common with those family members whom I never meet or phone *anyway*, and now I understand why that is the case. So er, nothing actually changed.

I recommend good old phone to stay in touch with family instead.

Facebook has been a giant letdown in my experience and I always want to quit it, except quitting it also wouldn't change anything.

It is like snake oil. It basically does nothing except provide an illusion of community. Chances are, if you're close to someone, you don't need Facebook. And if you're not close with someone, Facebook won't do anything to improve that.
        Scout's Journey
        Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Its what you make of it in the end.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Hey guess what else is useless for all you guys : Tampons, but that doesn't make them any less useful or trivial.... Seriously,unless one of you regularly is shot at by bullets, THEN you have a use for it. To plug that bloody bullet wound temporarily.

This post has turned into a derogatory Facebook post quickly, and the best thing that can be done now is just accept the fact it exists, and isn't for you,but it does have its usefulness for others.

And here is where I turn the tables on you guys ; Facebook is the easilest route of re-garnering attention for Quake1 (short of Youtube audiences)

Some guy randomly see's Quakeone.com Liked across facebook, and goes "OH WOW I PLAYED THAT WHEN I WAS A TEENAGER/KID. "

From that hypothetical example alone,I reached at minimum 20-100 people, and just created a use for Facebook that benifits Quake1 (old returning players. it happens all the time "on its own")

Case in point : atleast 50% of the current NetQuake community is returning players.
            Maybe 10% are new to Quake, like possibly Syluxman. IDK if he watched an older family member/friend play Quake,or how he even SHOWED UP. I only wish I could replicate this en masse.
            Give me grapes brah,and I'll make fn grape juice.
            Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 11-01-2012, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Grape Juice is the best, but the real question is..

white or grape , grape juice.

white grape juice is fn tastey shit brah.

Comment

Working...
              X