No announcement yet.

Spring 2011 CTF Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting here from now. Sorry sir muller sir. =)
    Rambo[RuM]
    I support:
    Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
    Qrack - Thank You r00k
    Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
    Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

This thread lives! Thanks Muller. Do we need to move this back down to a 2 v 2 tourney? I much prefer 3 v 3, but I don't know how many people we are going to have involved this time.

KEEP POSTING IN THIS THREAD. IT KEEPS UP THE ILLUSION THAT WE ARE ACTIVELY PLANNING THIS THING. You can even say random things like
      CROW!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

We could just recycle old demos from 2008 and fake a tourney then just play the final round in one night
        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Judging by the activity in the past 24 hours it looks like we are doing a 2 v 2 tourney with the following teams:

Rook and cd
          Muller and Rambo

What time works for you all this weekend?

Comment

I'm honestly kinda confused about what a tournament really does?
            I mean there is no money, no booth-girls, no trophy, no over sized check, no champagne in your face, no blinding camera flashes, not even a "game over" finish.
            What a tournament does do is scare off a lot of medium based players that don't want an official "you better be there or else".
            Can we just show up and play, then everyone can pretend all the tournament things that dont happen, happen in their minds?

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
              I'm honestly kinda confused about what a tournament really does?
              I mean there is no money, no booth-girls, no trophy, no over sized check, no champagne in your face, no blinding camera flashes, not even a "game over" finish.
              What a tournament does do is scare off a lot of medium based players that don't want an official "you better be there or else".
              Can we just show up and play, then everyone can pretend all the tournament things that dont happen, happen in their minds?
              Or stop trying to SCHEDULE SHIT. Thats the number 1 reason why these things fail.

The most successful tournaments that have happened since 2006, was Sunday Night CAx 2v2 Tournaments. The premise was simple, show the fuck up and you're in. Don't show up? NO PROBLEM, we wasn't expecting you to start with. This leaves you only working with AVAILIBLE players, and provides a mini bracket tourney ONCE every week!

Stop biting off more than can be chewed, it just makes a mess of things. I went 3 fn weeks with NO CTF GAMING cuz I was always missing a team member, then on top of that, server's half the time was filled with shit ton of observer's and "recorders" and even getting on the server was a mega failure due to the complete chaos that comes with SCHEDULING. Sure, some of you guys got to play a whole lot in the last tourney, in my opinion and from where I stand, it was a total failure.

OOF

PUB CTF > 3WAVE/MatchMode
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by cd57 View Post
                Rook and cd
                Muller and Rambo
                Sunday evening.

R00k, tourneys don't do anything special. They're just fun. Competition with some structure and your name in lights. That's about the most they can offer. Some people dig that, some n00bies will avoid it. But ultimately they can draw attention and get more people playing just because servers are active. Hey don't get me wrong, I am very happy to 1v1 you in classic mode.

Oh, one more thing that is good about tourneys... when you're playing a match that counts for something, the intensity of the game can go off the charts - if the teams are evenly matched (yeah blowouts are boring). You can't get that in a pickup game, imo. Of course, what they "count" for is nothing tangible or important, it is just our agreement that they do here in ctf candyland.
                Last edited by muller; 04-28-2011, 12:58 PM. Reason: 0h.

Comment

HELLO friggin ctf'rs where are you? i cant find anyone anymore..
                  Rambo[RuM]
                  I support:
                  Qrack - Thank You r00k
                  Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

Sorry my ride is in the shop at the moment and the mechanic is out.
                    I suppose I could try another like X or DQ
                    Qrack has never spun a main before.
                    Last edited by bluntz; 05-02-2011, 05:18 PM.
                    WARNING
                    May be too intense for some viewers.
                    Stress Relief Device
                    ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                    ---------------------------
                    .--------------------------

Comment

Relative to other quake tournament events that have fizzled, our New Year's CTF tourny was actually really successful. We had full servers, balanced teams (for quake), and some really GGs. Having people on the server generated many times as many pickup or casual games as actual tourney games, which are definitely more competitive and intense than any scrimmage. Thank you to anyone who showed up consistently intending to play, or actually got to play, and anyone involved in getting or keeping it going in a constructive way.

CTF Q2 will have upgrades, and be even better!

I look forward to being a top tier 3 prospect.

Comment

Why are these ninjas attacking my ship?

Comment

http://www.nextplay.com/action-games...Vs-Ninjas.html

eh thats old news
                          Last edited by R00k; 05-03-2011, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Comment

Well i'd like to see this tournament come to fruition, not turn into another thread of pointless jargon. (no disrespect) CTF is and will remain to me the only important mod in quake. So lets keep on track with what the thread title says.
                              Rambo[RuM]
                              I support:
                              Qrack - Thank You r00k
                              Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

OK. lets get this started up again. we need a complete list of players. I also think it should be a 1 night deal so start, single elimination
                                Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

Working...
                                X