the .pic files in gfx.wad (???)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the .pic files in gfx.wad (???)

How can I view the .pic files contained in gfx.wad? No program I have seems to be able to even display them. Google searches turn up "PC Paint (Dos) format". However there is also a vector .pic format.

gimp=not supported
    imagemagick=same
    xnview="Donīt know how to read this image"

They are bitmap graphics (they look typical when seen in a pager), so the .pic extension would hint at PC Paint/Pictor files. However, xnview lists those as supported. But it only gives an error message and quits.

What software can display those .pic files and convert other formats to .pic?

They contain stuff like hud numbers, hud icons etc.

Somebody still have Dos (and PC Paint) installed to test?
    Scout's Journey
    Rune of Earth Magic

The pic files are .lmp raw graphics without a palette. You have to palette-ize and it is kind of complicated.

One tool that may help you is:

http://cvs.icculus.org/cvs/twilight/lmp2pcx/

Which turns LMP files into PCX files.

You may want to also get TexMex available on the QuakeOne Navigator (http://www.quakeone.com/navigator) by selecting the Developer tab.

Tex Mex can pull textures out a wad file and put them on the clipboard or save them to a file. (Clipboard option is easier).

For the HUD stuff, I believe you need QME. Also in the QuakeOne Navigator on the developer tab.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Thank you. that kinda explains it. I will keep messing around.
      Scout's Journey
      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

qME doesn't do any of that stuff ....Adquedit

Edit = Baker ... on accident ... too many "tabs" open trying to read posts (sorry)
        Last edited by Baker; 04-04-2006, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Yeah, not QME --> Adquedit. I haven't been using tools much lately. Adquedit can open the palette.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Didn't I say more than that?

Comment

Yeah, but when I accidentally did that, I didn't have the full text in my browser's cache. I tried to recover it.

Comment

Adquedit rocks but since I'm using irfanview for viewing pics I was wondering why can't scrolling between images go as smooth in pakexplorer as in adquedit? scrolling takes you to next/previous pic

Comment

As far as I know, pakexplorer is kind of old now. Like 1997ish?

Have you tried PakScape?

Yellow No. 5 does a lot of pak work and swears by it:

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?ma...kscape-011.zip

Comment

I use QPed

Comment

pakscape can't process long file names.

Comment

well I was wondering on how any other prog handles scrolling through files
                        dopes pakscape go "omg no u can't do that" like pakexplorer?

Comment

Working...
                        X