Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wolf3D SL remake

hey all,

just thought you guys might love to see this huge build ive made together with my GF in second life. one day we were randomly talking about old games, and we came to talk about wolfenstein3D, and we both thought it would be an awesome idea to rebuild a map from wolf3D in SL.

and so thats we did. we been busy for over a week on this, tons of hours each day, to rebuild the entire first map of wolfenstein3D in SL, and we remade every item as 3D-models

its not for sale on SL marketplace as of yet, but it will be soon when i get around to making some good pics and a short vid to demonstrate everything in the map and give a better view at all the items

CLICK FOR MORE PICS!
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

This is so fn 386.

Comment

that's awesome!
      QuakeOne.com
      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

thanx a lot both

when i get around to making a clip to show the map off ill post it here too
        Last edited by talisa; 07-04-2012, 12:27 PM.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Great stuff!!

Comment

thanx gdiddy

Comment

Second day looking at it... this makes me sad and feel very old!

Doom wasn't true 3D and was released while I was still riding the bus to school...

Now You have game characters with more polygons then the whole 3d level of games we use to play just a few years back! Whoa...

think of the next 10-20 years and where things will be! and how old you will be!

Maybe in 2022 we can download mods directly to our brain and play Quake1 through complete thought.
              QuakeOne.com
              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
              Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
              Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

That's how I remember it on a 386!

Funny how when you actually think back to when stuff was released and marvelled at it then seee it years later and realise just how pants it is compared to what's available now?

I remember playing Wolf 3D on a 386 when it was released and thought it was the best game ever! then DooM came out, Heretic and Hexen (Which for sheer gameplay across modems or lan was brilliant.....loved Heretic and have it still and all the Doom's) My fave was chicken-boom! hahahaha! and who would have thought that using the tomb of power would un-chicken you and you could throw an egg at your foe then boom them and they would be like "WTF!!!! you cheater!" LMFAO!

Anyway.....back on track:

Your map render is superb. I would love to see a modern remake of Wolf 3D, Heretic and DooM but properly playable in a modern game engine. It would be super fun to have a really fast modern rig pushing 100+ fps and the same fluid gameplay (Well DooM and Heretic anyway as Wolf 3D was rather slow).

DooM 3 mearly teased us with rich textures, creepy low lighting suspense but never had the manic gameplay "Rush into a room full of Imps and see if you can survive" type thing. Quake 1 and Quake 3 both have the fluidity of the old shooters and the visuals (Quake 3 especially when played in Promode or in DeFrag if you can master the skills required to negotiate the maps).

I don't play Second life unfortunately and doubt that I ever will as don't like MMORPG's, god games and real life sims as they are too slow for my liking. My ex played Oblivion and I tried it for a few hours one night and kept getting into trouble for killing the shopkeepers oh and I climbed a hill....took ages and when i got to the top I looked around then ran down again.....seemed pointless?

I digress.

Loved your map....now fill it with Germans that want to shoot me please!

Achtung!

Fr@g

Comment

Back in the day, my PC was always ill equipped to play the games I really wanted....literally. I only was able to enjoy these early PC games because two uncles of mine had bitching PC's at the time,one ran a BBS so...I was normally accustom to playing Door Games on the PC.
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                    Back in the day, my PC was always ill equipped to play the games I really wanted....literally. I only was able to enjoy these early PC games because two uncles of mine had bitching PC's at the time,one ran a BBS so...I was normally accustom to playing Door Games on the PC.
                    i remember using a very old and slow modem that used the telephone handset to listen to the tones and downloading from BBS sites (Oooooh pre-internet!). Tbh that's where Wolf 3D came from.

I was always upgrading my pooters....and when the Pentium class CPU's were released, I must have had most of them and would get more and more ram then a bigger hard drive or faster modem or a better VGA card....then I got a 3DFX Voodoo 1 card when they first came out and I got GL Quake! transparent water on DM7! I owned! I even stopped playing games in DOS and went solely Windows! Shock horror hahaha!

Funny when you look back really? I started off on consoles (Old Atari's and even older) then Toshiba MSX and Atari ST's Amiga 500's then more consoles (NES/SEGA Megadrive/Atari Jaguar/Sony PSX) Pooters (386/486 DX2 66/Pentiums blah blah). Now my apartment resembles a high street Tech store!

Damn being a slave to consumerism.

Fr@g

Comment

Working...
                    X