Street Fighter is extremely over-rated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street Fighter is extremely over-rated

Street Fighter is highly over-rated (I'm sorry, but I need to express my opinion). How is Street Fighter any different from a regular/typical fighting game? Punch, kick, dodge, been there, done that. *Yawn* Mortal Kombat is a lot better than Street Fighter. I'm serious! In Mortal Kombat, the characters actually have their own personal traits. They actually have their own signature moves. Also, don't forget about the fatalities!
    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Hell Yes To Mortal Kombat!

I have played all manners of fighting games and Street Fighter has always remained the old school Capcom styled fighting game it's always been. Mortal Kombat has evolved a great deal over the years adding better fighting mechanics and graphics trying to make the ultimate blood duel to the death for the player. All the characters are well designed and their moves very unique. Even people who don't like Mortal Kombat knows where "GET OVER HERE!" is from and knows of certain fighters unique abilities like Sub Zero freezing enemies and the big bad ass 4 armed bastard Goro. To me when it comes to fighting Mortal Kombat is the Ultimate experience when it comes to wanting to just beat the hell out of an opponent. Hell I liked Darkstalkers AKA Night Warriors better than Street Fighter. It was basically the same thing as Street Fighter but the characters were more original to me and being a horror film buff the whole vampire, werewolf, zombie and monster based characters were right up my alley.
    Make no mistakes here... I'm not a mere madman... I'm a realist!

Comment

The first Arcade street fighter had (2) BIG rubber pad kind of buttons , one for kick, one for punch. Depending on how hard you beat down on them was the strength of the kick or punch. Those were only produced in a small number, then the new versions with 6 buttons were mass produced.

Comment

I'm not gonna mince words here ; Mortal Kombat owes many credits to Street Fighter. Street Fighter set the stage for the arcade fighting scene, which was eventually translated into many many spawned fighting games there after.

King of Fighters
        Killer Instinct <- epic, this game being found only on XBox One makes me want to own one (for about 1 minute,then I wake up and realize I'm already apart of the dominate gaming enviroment, the PC)

I remember renting the SNES version of SF 2 : TE and playing it for fucking forever until I finally beat the game. E.Honda was the final guy I had to fight and he was a fucking beast.

I also remember owning Mortal Kombat II and finally beating Kintaro (Goro is a bitch by comparison, tooooooo ezzzzzz) and figured I was in for another MK1 arrangement, beat the 4 armed freak and then stomp a mud hole in the final boss, MK1 had Shang Tsung but once again, he was a bitch by comparison to MK II's boss, Shao Kahn. TO THIS DAY,I CAN NOT BEAT SHAO KAHN IN MK2. I invite anyone who CAN beat him to fire up their favorite version of MK2, record that shit in Fraps, and put your skills on display @ Youtube and throw up the video!

In the end, all fighting games pale in comparison to ' The KING of the IRON FIST Tournament '

It's just too bad I gotta own a console to get my hands on nearly every game mentioned here (fuck emulators,I only emulate Wii stuff now days truth be told) MINUS the MK franchise is finally getting some love on the PC. Only took a few fucking years,and IIRC I still haven't beaten Story Mode in MK:Komplete Edition, still stuck on I forget now haha. game really pisses me off sometimes!
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
        X