Crysis 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crysis 2

EA has a demo of this game online free to play for about 15 minutes.
    It's kinda cool. I like the aspect of the super marine (genre) but as with most new games it's all about head down and pushing through to the next check point. Though the gfx are stunnning. The AI needs updating, (sometimes i get shot from 100 yards through a window that is 99% opaque. But other than that I'd recommend this game to anyone who likes post modern alien marine fps style games
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

I also liked it. Crysis 1 is good also. I havent finished either. I dont get enough time to really play them alot. But with all the talk about how good they were visually, i thought the gameplay and mechanics etc would be sloppy. But theyre not. The vehicle controls and mechanics work well also and dont feel sloppy. Well done games imo. They have their flaws, but well done overall.
    If you see 427 playing Quake thats me.

Comment

I had trouble with EA's cyrsis 1 for online play, where it crashes when you try to login/go to the server browser.

But crysis 2 is good, at least the demo is... sadly i only bought crysis 1 lol, and only crysis war's and crysis warhead works online.

It's online play didn't feel as fun tho i did only try once to play it online... and someone had like a skynet type flying ship and blew me up repeatively... lol so it wasn't very fun for me.... lol.

Comment

EA still hides stuff with their installs that detect hardware changes and limit you to 5 reinstalls. Just unbelievable policy.
        Is that actually the case for Crysis 1? Crysis 2?

Crysis is developed by Crytek, not EA - why punish Crytek.
        Scout's Journey
        Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

The game is for newbs

Comment

Originally posted by Planetnine
            However, when DRM is negatively affecting the majority to stop the minority it really pisses me off, especially when it doesn’t stop the minority anyways.
            While I do not in any way want to endorse DRM -- I hate it as much as everyone else. I believe Crytek presented some... disturbing numbers of retail sales vs pirated copies, I don't remember but I believe it was 1 retail to 15 pirated or some ludicrous number like that. Now even when that's blown out of proportion, that's still food for thought. This was the reason they went multi-platform, piracy is much less an issue on consoles. I can honestly understand why you as a publisher want to arm yourself against piracy, although so far something like Steam seems the only reasonable solution.

Steam might be somewhat of a big brother service in a way, but on the other hand, with the sales and all, top notch games really are dirt cheap these days. So if you can live with the somewhat authoritarian service you can still get a lot of hours of enjoyment for relatively little cost. I think it's fair, but I can see why some people seem resistant of it.

Also, I didn't try Crysis 2 yet. I did play the multiplayer demo, CoD style multiplayer is not my thing, but I can imagine the singleplayer being fun.
            I never enjoyed Crysis 1 that much to be honest, it's not a bad game, but... something's missing. And the nanosuit mechanic is tedious and distracts too much from gunplay imho. I think Crysis 2 will be better in that regard, Crysis 1 lacked z-axis. Z-axis makes maps so much better imo. I've always been drawn more towards architectural maps over sprawling open fields, it usually seems much more engaging in terms of tactics and mobility.

/RANT = 0

Comment

^^^^

Ill never buy another game that forces you to be online while playing. I bought the new AVP on Ebay used because I wanted to see what it looks like on the 5870. Well apparently you cant do that. I couldnt even install the damn game! The really bad part is that i had just bought the game for the 360 and didnt care for it so I sold it. Fuck EA. And Steam.

With all that being said. I dont remember Crysis 2 forcing you to do anything with Steam.
              If you see 427 playing Quake thats me.

Comment

EA has their download manager and Origin. I have BattleField 3 which seemed to just install the updates from a cloud. I have had Steam since 2005 when I got HL2, but honestly I've never had any problems with it. I just turn it off when I quit the game.

Personally I dont mind downloading games from steam or origin for purchase. It's no diff than downloading a torrent and risks from that avenue. Though, once I have purchased this game I would like to be able to install it on future machines, and sell my copy when I finish it. All this cloud shit just makes it like going to a movie. You sit u watch, its over, you're done. But a movie doesnt cost $50!
                If they want to make it like that then games should cost $10. There's no media content (box, disc,paper manual) and costs associated with that. If the player can buy it online, download it, install it, keep the installed.exe for future backs, for a fraction of the store costs then why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Planetnine
                  Unfortunately I will not ever get the chance to try Crisis or most EA games. I speak with my wallet and boycott all of their games due to their intrusive DRM. I am not sure what the fix for piracy is, nor do I lose any sleep at night over it either. However, when DRM is negatively affecting the majority to stop the minority it really pisses me off, especially when it doesn’t stop the minority anyways.
                  Crysis 1 doesn't have any DRM

Comment

Yeah, this is why I asked, I don't think the original Crysis does anything bad. Disk check? so what? Games have always done that.

On top of that, Crytek gave us the Sandbox editor for free, which is awesome and adds to the value of the game.

But if you boycott a publisher, then you boycott a publisher, it's your decision. It only makes sense if you boycott the games that actually have intrusive DRM, though. And I think there are better targets for that.

I even broke down and bought Bioshock, just because the game is that good. Even just one play-through was worth the 9,99 euros to me although it hasn't deactivated yet.

If you buy something at a price point of almost 60 euros, then I agree DRM is more of a bummer. But who does that.

Same for Steam, I don't like Steam, but if it gives me Portal for free, then I can't really complain right.
                    Scout's Journey
                    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

As I said, Crysis 1 doesn't have any DRM. Come on, Disk checks don't count, they have been in almost every game before steam became widely popular and they don't take away installs or limit the use of a product or anything like that, it doesn't even require an internet connection. Just buy the game and install a no-cd afterwards, problem solved.

If your going to boycott them for that, you have to boycott games like Diablo, SC1, and any other game that required a CD after Quake, especially since it's just as easily fixed in those games as it is in Crysis.
                      Last edited by Bloodshot; 02-01-2012, 10:00 AM.

Comment

No, again, Crysis one doesn't have install limits. Warhead, and maximum edition does.

I've installed Crysis hundreds of times without access to the internet, it works fine. It may come with some sort of securom thing, but it doesn't actually check anything except whether the disk is in the drive, and the no cd removes that.
                        Last edited by Bloodshot; 02-01-2012, 03:40 PM.

Comment

I bought BF3 for Xmas expecting it to be basically the same as my BF2 experience with better graphics and gameplay.
                          Boy was I wrong.
                          Not only do you have to have to be connected to Origin,You can not host your own server!
                          So forget about any LAN Party.
                          Forget about mods as well,All your rites of ownership have been sold off to
                          the high bidder.Their answer to piracy was to start their own,paid for by me.
                          WTF.!!!!
                          EA is forever banned from MY "trusted list of content providers"
                          Fok U EA!
                          WARNING
                          May be too intense for some viewers.
                          Stress Relief Device
                          ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                          ---------------------------
                          .--------------------------

Comment

I agree that install limits are bad, and I also agree that always-online is bad. I think boycotting Crysis 1 for the crimes of BF3 is pretty unproductive though, that is not where EA's main source of income is AND you punish Crytek as well. :-/

Anyway.
                            Scout's Journey
                            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

I'd assume that install limits keeps kids in dorms from just mass installing 1 game to all their friends. I'd rather see 1 installation allowed to run at a time. So One could install a game at work and one at home for example. But since only one instance of the game is running at a time there's not infraction.
                              When you buy a game you are buying the use, all the files are still copyrighted.

Comment

Working...
                              X