Doom 4 Leaked Shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doom 4 Leaked Shots

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKRw-qA7Mpw]Doom 4 Leaked Shots - YouTube[/ame]

Good looking environments with a slight Stalker or Crysis 2 feel to them in some parts.

The post-apocalyptic Earth setting is nothing new, but the hell/lava/demons angle is new.

Doom 3 with Earth instead of Mars, it seems.

Could be good, but everything depends on gameplay. Environments are basically just artistic masturbation if the gameplay sucks. I wonder how fast you can run in this game, and how many imps spawn in your back.

and IT MUST HAVE CHAINSAWS. No chainsaw, no doom.
    Scout's Journey
    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

I think it looks crap, it looks like a pathetic attempt at ambiance. It's just another Rage with some hellish ambiance added to it in my opinion, it doesn't have any horror vibe to it.

Comment

It could be another 3 years before its finished. By then a lot can change.
        I think in large areas the LOD needs optimized. I dont care if a 4096polygon bird is flying 1 mile away in the sky... save render time for close object then blur filter everything out past my fov. The rage engine looks like watercolors anyways.
        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Someone thinks that looks like crap? I must really be behind the times.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Warlock View Post
            I think it looks crap, it looks like a pathetic attempt at ambiance. It's just another Rage with some hellish ambiance added to it in my opinion, it doesn't have any horror vibe to it.
            So you're forming an opinion of what the entire game is going to be like based on a handful of unconfirmed leaked screenshots, which may not even be from the game and if they are may be from any small part of it? Riiiiiiiiiight.

I think you just want to hate it, that's what I think.
            IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Pwahahahahahaa, why would I WANT to hate it? I've been waiting for something of Doom 4 to come around for years, I really thought it was going to be good but no. Rage was shit and there's high chances that this is going to be shit too, the theme itself is not great at all. I'm fine with it being on Earth, but only if it look hellish after the invasion comes (if there is one). And there's no monsters in this game, also the characters look like they belong in a post-apocalyptic game like Fallout or Rage. And there's not one pentagram in sight, I assume this is going to be kid friendly.

Comment

I don't see the reason for the hate. Real or not, there's nothing really bad about it. The flaming city pic especially looks like Doom 2, but Doom 2 wasn't exactly detailed enough back then to say this doesn't look like Doom, as any significant graphical upgrade would be quite different stylistically.

What character's do you speak of?? There were no people in that video

I'm just hoping for 5 things from Doom 4. Fast gameplay, weapons held in the middle, and the DBS or SSG whatever you want to call it, modability, and open level design. Rage really pissed me off with that giant outdoor environments, and the railings that you SHOULD be able to climb over but they funnel you through like a tunnel.

Comment

The only thing related to Doom 2 is that it's set on Earth, this theme is nothing like Doom 2.

Comment

Doom 2 didn't really make much sense. Even for when it was released, the level design was pretty bad when compared to Doom 1. There was no logical design to them - at least in Doom 1 you could tell you were on a base, or in some sort of waste facility. Especially in the later levels in Doom 2 it seemed like they were just filler.

The city levels were probably the most coherent in terms of design but other then that, Doom 2 was kinda meh compared to doom 1.
                    Last edited by Bloodshot; 02-29-2012, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Ditto

Comment

And there's no monsters in this game
                        There's no monsters in the screenshots and from that you infer that there's no monsters in the game? C'mon, you're really getting desperate here. Howabout forming an opinion based on actual facts rather than rumour, prejudice and supposition?

Comment

I meant shots, sorry for the misspelling. And no, I'm not getting desperate. If anything, I think you're just desperate to argue with peoples opinions to look superior. And how would you know it's a fact that there's monsters without any proof to back you up? For all you know it could only be bandits like in Rage.

Comment

I meant shots, sorry for the misspelling. And no, I'm not getting desperate. If anything, I think you're just desperate to argue with peoples opinions to look superior. And how would you know it's a fact that there's monsters without any proof to back you up? For all you know it could only be bandits like in Rage.
                            Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. How do we know there's not pink fluffy bears in it? Or giant sticks of candyfloss? Or marshmallow hills? Do you see how dumb that is?

I'm not looking to pick a fight; you're allowed have an opinion and that's fine. Your opinion of Rage is your own and although I disagree with it I do respect it. But how can you even have an opinion about Doom 4 when you have no idea what Doom 4 is going to be like yet? Every post of yours is "Rage sucked and now Doom 4 is going to suck because Doom 4 is going to be like Rage and Rage sucked even though nobody knows what Doom 4 is going to be like yet and did I mention that Rage sucked". You're doing the very same in the Windows 8 thread, by the way. Do you see how dumb that is?

I see you spreading hate here about something that nobody even knows about yet. You have no reason whatsoever to hate it because you don't even know what it's going to be like yet. You're clutching at straws and going out of your way to find reasons to hate it. Do you see how dumb that is?

So - wait until there is more concrete info about it, wait until it's released, wait until you play it. If you don't like it after that I'll respect your opinion. But right now your carry-on is not worthy of respect.

Comment

What kind of a time have we come to when we say something like this looks like crap? For people who don't play video games, these images would border on real life shots.. I don't understand how we've become so numb to the ever improving technology of video game graphics.. for god's sakes look at Quake lol

Comment

Working...
                              X