Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quake2world

For the Multiplayers here:
    Quake2World BETA | Pwning nubz, one rail slug at a time.
    BETA released.

It makes fun

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf29J3-s9hg]Quake2World, public alpha, January 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

These things help
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
      That video was awesome. It rocked the world.
      "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Connecting to servers doesn't seem to work. Also the font size for the console is 2 pixels in height :/

I tried earlier releases and they didn't have the console issue.

*edit: ran update.bat and everything is good now
        Last edited by Spiney; 04-08-2012, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Looks like they were using Source engine for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoronix.org
              Quake2World, a standalone game built atop the id Tech 2 engine but with sharply better graphics and other improvements, has finally reached a beta state. There's a number of features to this latest open-source first person shooter.

Quake2World Beta features six maps, four game-play modes, ten weapons, and nine skins. Quake2World game-play modes include Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, and Instagib. Quake2World has been in development for more than six years.

In an email to Phoronix from one of the Quake2World developers, Marcel Wysocki writes, "The engine is quite advanced. It makes heavy use of GLSL, per-pixel lighting, normalmaps, multithreading and lots of other modern features. Also we use a rolling release model to get changes to our users faster."

More information can be learned from Quake2World.net. Embedded below is a video of Quake2World from early 2011.
              Nope, good ole Id Tech2 Engine (Q1/Q2) Probably the latter.

Source ; http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTA4MDY
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
              X