Just bought Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought Skyrim

I finally caved in and got it, just wanted to say it was nice knowing you guys.
    www.youtube.com/user/KillPixel

See you in 5 years, then!
    IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Probably should've posted it in the skyrim thread

It's quite a good game, my favorite TES game next to daggerfall.

My only complaint is the whole focus on dragons and stuff is kind of generic and makes

the story less interesting then the other TES games (minus the first game)

That and the Thieves guild was a bitter disappointment

Comment

Finally got around to updating to modern hardware. Haven't bought Skyrim yet, but I bought Doom3 and loved it from start to finish.

Comment

Originally posted by KillPixel View Post
          You'd be suprised at how true Bloodshot's post is. It became excessively repetitive for me,and now I only rarely open the game.

It's been HEAVILY modded to, with fantastic upgrades in textures and the such.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I'm picking up Skyrim tomorrow for a friend's Xbox 360 (no, I don't own one)

I heard its a fun game until you take a (insert number) patch in the knee.

What am I getting for myself you ask?

Gran Turismo three and 007 Nightfire. For PS2. Yeah, five bucks a piece and I'm paying for it with MY MONEY!

Seriously though I take it Skyrim is always better on the computer right?
            God be with you Ireland...

Comment

He will be back. Quake is never short lived.

Comment

Skyrim is awesome,but it isn't "keep me from playing Quake" good. NPC are fun to fight but, nothing quite like graping real life opponents
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Unrelated question and a TMI question, MINDZ do you and your wife ever do the cosplay of your avatar?

I been meaning to ask that forever... just wondered... lol.

Comment

Now that I have talked to Candy and know mindz is her hubby, i am going to hate you for planting that image in my head Lerster you jerk! ;(

<3
                    God be with you Ireland...

Comment

I wish Skyrim had coop

Comment

Originally posted by KillPixel View Post
                        Come back after you can man-handle giants with your bare hands and Dragons look like flying turkeys. MILK DRINKER!
                        QuakeOne.com
                        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                        Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                        Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Inquiring minds have been piqued.

Comment

Originally posted by Lerster View Post
                            Unrelated question and a TMI question, MINDZ do you and your wife ever do the cosplay of your avatar?

I been meaning to ask that forever... just wondered... lol.

Lerster, lol , I'm gothic, (wears all black ) I wouldn't be caught dead in pink

http://mysticcreations.yolasite.com/

Comment

whoa, that was weird. Started Skyrim and 120+ hours later I'm think I'm done for a while. I've reached the soft cap of 50 and have completed over 60% of all the quests. I'm rocking some badass legendary armor and pwning anything and everything...

It was a good game, far batter than Oblivion. I was hoping I could relive the magic I experienced when I blindly stumbled upon Morrowind in a walmat bargain bin as a young teen, but alas, that will likely never happen again.

I will say this though: I'm so friggin' sick and tired of playing SHITTY console ports on my $x,xxx PC. WTF Bethesda? I ate dirt and grass for a month so I could get a GTX 670 only to find out Skyrim PEAKS at 50% gpu usage and 70% cpu usage on 2 cores. Another thing, at least have the mother lovin' decency to not ship a PC game with a DEFAULT FOV OF 60. I thought the horrendous low res shadows and silly shadow update times that caused strobing stripes on everything was a nice touch, well played Bethesda, well played.

Anyhoo, a few tweaks and mods elevated most everything but the dismal performance. Overall, pretty good game. 4 out 5 stars.

*cough* ready for DQ 1.9.1 *cough*

www.youtube.com/user/KillPixel

Comment

Working...
                              X