The hardest PC game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The hardest PC game

You might disagree with me, but I think that the hardest PC game is Force 21. I had to use some cheat codes just to finish the first level! (There are 28 levels in total). Unfortunately, in Force 21, there are no easy/medium/hard options. The game assumes that you enjoy being challenged.

If you don't know what Force 21 is, I will explain it in a nutshell... It is a fictional war game between the USA and China.
    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

try galacta: the battle for saturn. that game is insanely hard too.
    its a top-view scrolling invaders-like game for DOS
    Download GALACTA: THE BATTLE FOR SATURN ABANDONWARE

no difficulty settings, no saving, no cheats, you die from a single hit, and insanely hard waves when you get further, some which are just pretty much impossible and more luck then skill if you manage to complete them. and you have to complete the entire game in one go cuz you cant save

ive had this game since i was a kid, and ive played it a million times, and i still havent managed to play it out, cuz of the insane difficulty once you get further and the lack of being able to save in any way.

furthest i got myself was something like... wave 20 or so, when you get weird boat-like shaped enemies which shoot non-stop at you and keep teleporting constantly which makes them pretty much impossible to kill and makes it near impossible to not get hit cuz of the huge spray of lasers you get fired at you

if you can play it out ill give you 100bucks
    im so confident no-one can actually play it out that i feel safe to say that
    Last edited by talisa; 05-07-2012, 04:49 PM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Try The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Battlespire

Battlespire.rar | Game Front

It's an RPG more in the spirit of Diablo 1/Dungeon master in that you go through a series of dungeons with your character, as opposed to open world

Insanely difficult - and in coop there's no dialogue so everything becomes hostile. Makes it even HARDER

Simply put, there are no cheats for this game - and difficulty for you at first can depend on your chose character class. It can be anywhere from holy shit I'm gonna die (multiple times) to holy fuck I'm getting raped in the ass so hard I can feel it coming out the front side

It even has riddles that you have to type in the answer to solve - if you don't look them up then good luck.

Comment

Hardest game for me period.. TETRIS! LoL ive gotten to level 23 and have a difficult time getting passed 16-17 most of the time.Tetris obviously can be played on multiple platforms just thought i could add it to this list.

Comment

well this is maybe not what was meant by "hard" but imma say dragons lair. Imma say Dragon's Lair because i was just playing it and I can't even get past the second screen. For anyone that is not familiar with this game you do not control your character (in the standard sense). You press one of the arrow keys or sword key ONCE and hope that you pressed the right one. There is no real indication as to which key you have to press and generally the key that is expected does not make a whole lot of sense. Timing is also a factor and it is not all that sensical either. If you press a wrong key, you die. If you double press a key you die. if you die 3 times you have to start over entirely. The expected key does not change so beating the game really comes down to memorizing key presses and some timing.

With as crappy as all of that sounds, if you get the arcade version it is a really well drawn cartoon and your key presses basically advance you past a trap to the next "scene". The theme is you are Dirk the Daring (a knight) that makes his way through a trap filled castle to rescue the princess Daphne

If you get the dosbox version it is all the same except the color palette is a mess and every time you press a key it makes a damn beep sound (like a system beep) - incredibly annoying

Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-08-2012, 03:46 AM.
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Hardest game ever is right here:

QWOP

Comment

I would ques on some sort of simulator or overdimensioned shooting party. Hardest game I plauyed was propably cheese against hardest bot
              It doesn´t have to be complicated to be hard.

Comment

Iron Helix was hard as shit for me,and I never beat it and RQ.
                [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzRxocI2uAM]Iron Helix (1993) PC FMV game opening - YouTube[/ame]

There are tons of better Dragons Lair versions, including the Sega CD.

I owned the Sega CD edition,which was fn awesome even though grainy as fuck,it was MUCH better format than the PC version. Ignore the 3DO, I did when it was in production.
                [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3ntqIhXAaE]3DO / Sega CD - Dragon&#39;s Lair comparison - YouTube[/ame]
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Shadow Gate. Yup, never have finished it.

Final DOOM used to be hard, then I owned it. xD
                  God be with you Ireland...

Comment

Thief: The Dark Project

Despite being one of my top favorite games ever I haven't beaten it yet because it is an extremely hard game on the harder difficulties.

Comment

Destruction Derby
                      [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-D774h_dxg]Destruction Derby 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

the hardest thing for me whas when you had to survive the torture on hard mode in metal gear solid. it was imposssible. i spent a whole day trying to tap the button to success. i failed.
                        My Avatars!
                        Quake Leagues
                        Quake 1.5!!!
                        Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Hardest game ever:
                          Learn or get knocked the fuk out.,Game was banned nationwide as kids ended up in emergency rooms coast to coast.LMAO.
                          Clakkers
                          WARNING
                          May be too intense for some viewers.
                          Stress Relief Device
                          ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                          ---------------------------
                          .--------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
                            the hardest thing for me whas when you had to survive the torture on hard mode in metal gear solid. it was imposssible. i spent a whole day trying to tap the button to success. i failed.
                            I did the button tap on extreme

Comment

@ that clackers video - maaaan, I was waiting for her to get knocked the fuk out. Incredibly disappointed, 4 thumbs down.

Game was banned nationwide as kids ended up in emergency rooms coast to coast
                              Who was the moron that thought sticking heavy balls at the end of a rope was something that you give a kid?

"Dumpty durr, I know, I will attach two maces together and make it safe for children by removing the spikes." OR "::glitch:: what if we put a ring in the center of a Bolas and sell it as a kids toy?"

Surely, Mattel (or whomever) was on crack when they "invented" this.
                              Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-10-2012, 12:08 AM.
                              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Working...
                              X