Map Paks & Mission Paks???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Paks & Mission Paks???

Anyone have a link to good map paks for single player and multi-player?

Also, does anyone know were you can find Mission Pak 1 & 2, or are those classified as illegal download sites?

I want to say that I came across them, but I had trouble installing and playing them.

If someone has them or a link (I think it was a Russian site) please let me have them too, along with information on how to install and play them.

Appreciated.
    -T.

Comment

Originally posted by wytnyt
      Anyone have a link to good map paks for single player and multi-player?

Also, does anyone know were you can find Mission Pak 1 & 2, or are those classified as illegal download sites?
      An outstanding resources for single player:

Reviews:

http://underworld.planetquake.gamespy.com/
      http://retroquake.planetquake.gamespy.com/

Single Player Map Archive (Gigantic):

http://www.quaddicted.com

Mission Pack 1 and 2 aren't legal to distribute, but you might find Zerstorer, Nehahra or Insomnia --- episodes in their own right --- outstanding.

Zerstorer is in our "Files" section under Mod Files. It is legal to distribute.

Nehahra is at:

http://nehahra.planetquake.gamespy.com/

And Insomnia is at:

http://czg.leveldesign.org/q/index.html
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

The Mission Pack installers (1997ish ones) are hopelessly broke on Win XP. If you give me a couple of days, I can private message what I did to make them work (I can't remember right now).
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I believe all you have to do to install them is copy the directories for the episodes from the CD to your quake folder. The installer on mine still works, so I have no idea where you guys are having problems, but I remember having to copy the files on my laptop when I installed on there so amybe it just varies from computer to computer. Also, you should purchase the mission packs legitimately. Software Piracy just is not beneficial to gaming in general. I have to asmit the Mission Packs have gotten kind of spendy as of late, but the two of them can still be had for about $50 on ebay.

Comment

Also, you should purchase the mission packs legitimately.
            We agree, this board doesn't the posting of links to illegal downloads of Quake or the Mission Packs and other such items.

I answer a lot of posts and don't always read them carefully enough, I thought the CDs were what was being referred to.

(We need to get that somewhere where ppl notice, seems like we've had 7 threads in the last week or so about where do I get full Quake?)

Comment

Quite so! We don't the posting of warez. So please stop asking for someone to a warez link.

Comment

installing Mission Packs on WinXP

isn't that hard, although I also had a glitch with it...

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetqua...93&tid=1894292

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
                  The Mission Pack installers (1997ish ones) are hopelessly broke on Win XP. If you give me a couple of days, I can private message what I did to make them work (I can't remember right now).
                  Worked fine for me...
                  16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
                  16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

Originally posted by Lardarse
                    Worked fine for me...
                    me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sajt
                      Quite so! We don't the posting of warez. So please stop asking for someone to a warez link.
                      Dont recall anyone asking for a Warez site and I didnt want to start a bitchfest or anything. I just joined this site and wasnt sure if Mission Paks were available or not. Thats all, nothing major.

Comment

Dont recall anyone asking for a Warez site and I didnt want to start a bitchfest or anything. I just joined this site and wasnt sure if Mission Paks were available or not. Thats all, nothing major.
                        I wouldn't get worried about it. In my opinion, Quake and the Mission Packs either should be actively marketed or made free ... you have a legit question and it's a shame that, for instance, the Mission Packs are so unavailable.

We didn't initially even have the rule (it didn't cross our minds, hadn't been an issue on other boards, really), but then ppl started it started happening at a rate that couldn't be ignored.

Have some fun, we need to make that rule visible somewhere like an FAQ so new visitors don't get "surprised". In fact, some people think Quake is free. We'd rather everyone's first few experiences be fun ones, we all love the game here.

Comment

Ya, Ive been having a tuff time finding any mission paks in any stores (im in BC Canada) Thats kinda why I figured they would be free by now, just cuz they are so hard to find.

Quake is loads of fun, just gonna take a bit to get all the right bits and pieces together for it.

I was an admin. on a Tactical Ops sight for a while, but got way to hooked on it and spent way too much time playin.

Comment

Reread my post, then reread the post my post was in response to...

Comment

Hehe, Sajt was making fun of my post which was missing a word or 2. Yeah, that sentence didn't make sense.

I type faster than I think, and I try to not do too much thinking either. :d

Comment

Working...
                              X