Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shmack server problem

so, the problem is.....i cant connect. stays at connection accepted

try with proquake, ProQuake 3.50 EZ Installer or ProQuake Website.

Comment

just for kicks, try typing ping in console

Comment

Yeah, like what RocketGuy said, use ProQuake ... WinQuake/GLQuake are not good for internet play with many broadband modems or if you have a router. JoeQuake, QRack and DarkPlaces are also NAT fixed, in addition to ProQuake.

There is a stickied thread in the help section and in Guide as well.

(Lefty is mentioning a trick that sometimes works for non-NAT fixed clients, but if you are using WinQuake/GLQuake that's silly to do ... upgrade to WinProQuake or GL ProQuake and never get that issue again.)
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

i can connect to ihoc though, im using D3DQuake...hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by RedPlague
            i can connect to ihoc though, im using D3DQuake...hmm...
            IHOC is special, hehe, it runs a special engine with an experimental server-side fix. I've tried to get other server operators to run the experiment, hehe.

Being able to connect to IHOC doesn't mean you can connect to other servers.

Funny world!
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

so i tryed proquake and it worked, hoo rah. one question off topic- if i run joequake, qrack, or darkplaces, can i connect to the other servers? or will it only work if the both client and server are running the same engine?

Comment

ProQuake, JoeQuake, QRack and DarkPlaces will connect to any Quake server just fine. The server engine doesn't matter.

Comment

Working...
                X