QW TF Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QW TF Games

So I had not posted in a while, but I figured I would just to get more word out...

We have had a slight revival within the US QW TF community... we have gotten a pretty fair amount of players back from the dead and have been playing 2v2/3v3 games every night of the week with the occasional OvD format 4v4 or 5v5 thrown in there. We played a 5v5 on 2fort5 last week and it was an absolute blast with 15 minute rounds a piece Offense vs Defense and then switching sides.

We have been playing Mega Team Fortress, which if you arent familiar with it... is TF with a few additions such as spike traps, proxi grenades, long range grenades for demomen, jet jump for scouts, etc... It basically just speeds Team Fortress up even faster than it already was. Most of us played Regular TF on heat.net/mplayer.com and then migrated to QW Regular TF and then on to MegaTF and to my surprise, many QW Regular TF players have come in to give it a shot and really enjoyed themselves.

We usually start pretty much every night around 8:00-8:30 EST and most of us use mumble or teamspeak3 now a days to hang out. If you are a former TF player or a veteran QW player, we would like to invite you out to come and play with us as we start to make a push towards scheduling a weekly large game night of 10v10 Pick up games... there also could potentiall be a 2v2 or 3v3 league sign up starting soon.

We can be found on mIRC @ irc.gamesurge.net #megateamfortress and sometimes we also hang out on quakenet @ #megateamfortress.

If you are interested, I would recommend the following...

1) Don't use your same netquake build to play... everyone that I have seen try this has had a lot of issues. go to Choose your destiny -> click megatf -> download -> install the full quake install at the bottom. That should give you pretty much every file you need plus several clients to choose from... I recommend ezquake.

2) Go to QuakeWorld Team Fortress Servers / QuakeServers.net for a list of servers... all of our servers for competitive play are named Amnesia (Dallas and Chicago) and TastySpleen (Dallas) is for Friday night pub games beginning at 7:00 EST.

3) If you are interested in playing, I recommend joining and hopping around and getting used to the speed some and spectating some of our games to learn the flow and see how we play. The majority of us have been playing TF for 17 years and any one of us will be a valuable aid to helping you learn to play competitively and setting up configs no matter your play style.

4) I have started putting some of our 2v2 and 3v3 games up on youtube... I need to record some more but I have been lazy. You can find the youtube channel to watch a few of them @ MegaTF Quads - YouTube

I hope to see some of you out on the servers. If you need any help, feel free to PM me here or join IRC and my alias there is "Tulkas." Thanks all and sorry for the big wall of text.

pretty sure q1.com doesn't permit links to a full install of quake...
    Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

Hi ShockLTK

Don't worry to much about a "full Quake" and if people are not very welcome to your idea/effort to promote Quake.

I've tried myself making something "free" and until ID is saying you making money on their back or making them lose money you should be fine... but this said I think eZuake and many FT mods are ok with that.

May be you don't know but this is a NQ almost exclusive QuakeOne web site but I'm trying to bring more QW people here so I'm happy about what was said above.

This place need more people so bring it hehe!

Q -Mark [0!0]

Comment

Originally posted by Mom View Post
        Hi ShockLTK

Don't worry to much about a "full Quake" and if people are not very welcome to your idea/effort to promote Quake.
        For fucks sake, this site only even has ONE RULE, could you not trivialize that too?
        Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

Ya just downloaded the 140mb QWTF install, and there are pak0 and pak1 included.

I really never got into TeamFortress... guess because it was too convoluted. Then again, never really got into QW, (only because populated qw servers are in EU and the +attack lag is worse than NQ usa)...
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I used to love playing TF back in the day, it was my mod of choice. But I haven't played it since probably '98 or '99, I'm probably really terrible at it.

Comment

Well, im not sure if it's a full or not.. i honestly cant remember what files are needed and what isnt naymore... it may not be technically "full quake" because i seem to remember having issues trying to connect to a qw dm server because of missing maps and stuff... but anyway, i digress and really dont care either way...

Yeah TF has def changed a lot since 98/99. I think that was roundabout when I was on heat.net/mplayer.com. We used to play clan matches on large maps sometimes anywhere from 2v2-4v4 depending on how many people we could get to show up. MegaTF on QW ran 10v10 and it worked well... constant chaos...

I know everyone uses nquake mostly here and I have even thought of making a separate download to get into some netquake dm but im just always busy with something else. The only reason I brought up nquake was that everyone I have seen try to connect to megatf server with nquake had all kinds of skin/team color/mdl issue.

Like i said though... we play every night... we had constant games for 5 hours straight last night... highly competitive... If you want to come play or learn or even just watch, feel free to let me know and I'll help you get set up and even be willing to work with you if you want to actually get into playing it.

Comment

this site only even has ONE RULE
                I know you weren't trying to be funny but, that's funny. When can we consider the full Quake source abandonware?
                http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

No, you're right. Having even a little bit of class is just too much to ask for.
                  Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

i have nQuake and the US servers are smooth but never occupied
                    i wouldnt mind playing (or trying to play) TF if only just for support
                    any quake game is better than none. and the efforts should be at least experienced. might find a cool group of guys that might give netquake a shot too
                    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Having even a little bit of class is just too much to ask for.
                      So stop askin'.

I feel ya, man. I'm JK. Hey, if you are ever in New Orleans (and possibly other parts of La.) don't listen to 107.5 FM. It's terrible.

Holy crap, they even have an online stream here now we can not listen to it together.

I put it on at work today when everyone left the kitchen. It took almost ?30 minutes before someone screamed "WTF are we listening to!"

Tomorrow Imma see if I can sneak in Catholic Community Radio. I will have to be slick. That station doesn't even pretend to be interesting.
                      Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-03-2014, 05:48 PM.
                      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

We are currently organizing a QW MegaTF Quad League (2v2). Webpage will be up either today or tomorrow... signups through the rest of this month and matches will probably start 2nd week of June or so.

Comment

Initial Webpage is up... still needs some work... but if you are interested... http://mtfql.enjin.com

Comment

Working...
                          X