Quake HD Remix!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hoover1979

I just downloaded your HD Remix and I have to hand it to you, everything looks damn good. However you wasn't lying when you mentioned needing a high end machine to play. I am currently on a laptop so it takes ages to load all the HD content but it is great. Even the MP1 & MP2 play like a charm. I have one question though and I don't mean any disrespect about it but is there a reason specifically why the Epsilon build and your HD Remix insists on using the old 3.80 smc? The 4.80 release has shell casings, evil textures, quad damage effects, visible player legs and a ton of extra features to beef the game experience up. Would updating the smc cause problematic failures and overall unstable results to the build?
    Make no mistakes here... I'm not a mere madman... I'm a realist!

Comment

Originally posted by vegetous View Post
      Dude chill out, I'm on your side!

I was just being sarcastic in what I thought was a little bit of over reaction towards your pack.
      Ok dude I understand now. (I have Aspergers so I tend to take things literaly when I see them in text) No problems mate
      Give a man a fish, he eats for a night. Teach a man how to fish, he eats for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Krymzon 45 View Post
        I just downloaded your HD Remix and I have to hand it to you, everything looks damn good. However you wasn't lying when you mentioned needing a high end machine to play. I am currently on a laptop so it takes ages to load all the HD content but it is great. Even the MP1 & MP2 play like a charm. I have one question though and I don't mean any disrespect about it but is there a reason specifically why the Epsilon build and your HD Remix insists on using the old 3.80 smc? The 4.80 release has shell casings, evil textures, quad damage effects, visible player legs and a ton of extra features to beef the game experience up. Would updating the smc cause problematic failures and overall unstable results to the build?
        First of all I am glad you like it

I based mine from Epsilon Build. I do not understand the smc stuff yet. If you could fill me in maybe I could update the Remix and post an update. EDIT: I just found it out through the forum, am downloading the Small Mod Compilations atm and will try them on the remix. I will see if they work. if they do I will upload an update patch, If they don't I guess it is buttloads of recompiling work to do and a future complete update will come out once I succeed.

BTW thank you for your kind words

also have you removed the parallax effects? (huge boost in FPS)
        Last edited by hoover1979; 06-30-2014, 07:59 PM.
        Give a man a fish, he eats for a night. Teach a man how to fish, he eats for a lifetime.

Comment

I tried the new smc after removing the old one. it has ruined the game to the point that I wonder If I could fix it. the torch flames are wigging out on the demo being played and there were colored diamonds appearing. When I tried to start a new game the level crashed with an error about the rain not found or something like that. can I post images on this forum?? if I can I will show screenshots showing the catastrophic failure of the whole mod. I would apreciate any advice from the Quake One community on how to fix this massive issue as I would Love to get this to work to make this mod better.

Comment

Hey hoover1979

Like on the Epsilon build I ran into the exact same problem that you were talking about. The main problem when loading the game was the demo1 in the id1 folder. Once I removed that the game booted up and played the demo at the start menu like a champ. As far as the missing torches at the start map in the autoexec file change the torch type to the basic. then the torches will reappear and then you can simply change it back to a higher quality torch again in the autoexec. Now the missing particle effects were the ent files. I replaced all the ent files with new ones and they started working again. I actually got your hd remix running the smc but on my laptop I just don't have the power to run it properly due to a lack of ram.

Comment

Thanks.

Like on the Epsilon build I ran into the exact same problem that you were talking about. The main problem when loading the game was the demo1 in the id1 folder. Once I removed that the game booted up and played the demo at the start menu like a champ. As far as the missing torches at the start map in the autoexec file change the torch type to the basic. then the torches will reappear and then you can simply change it back to a higher quality torch again in the autoexec. Now the missing particle effects were the ent files. I replaced all the ent files with new ones and they started working again. I actually got your hd remix running the smc but on my laptop I just don't have the power to run it properly due to a lack of ram.
              I will reflect on this and probably start the work soon. I have to check in to a private clinic to get treatment for severe insomnia. when I get out I should be clear-headed enough to get straight to work. I appreciate your help. my goal as a compiler is to eventually compile the most comprehensive mod around. I hope I can reach this goal as it is a biggie.

Comment

Also,

If there is still problems later on you can check in with seven the one that makes the smc as he would know what most issues would be. The diamonds you were taking about is a missing model.

Comment

Thanks Again!

If there is still problems later on you can check in with seven the one that makes the smc as he would know what most issues would be. The diamonds you were taking about is a missing model.
                  Thank you for your help. If I have any further issues once I get to work on this I will chat with Seven.

P.S. I would love to see screenshots of the remix with the new smc to wet my appetite and inspire me to knuckle down and get it done.
                  Last edited by hoover1979; 06-30-2014, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Another thing.

As I was going through your .pk3 files in the QUAKE HD REMIX i noticed doubles inside your gfx folder within the Blended resources .pk3. When it comes to the HUD and whatnot you only need one file. For instance you have 2 conback files one is the Quake logo as the other is the Epsilon logo. Also the Demo1 file is what causes the smc update to go crazy. The demo1 file is not needed in you id1 folder whatsoever as the original demo is actually contained in the games PAK file. I don't know why Epsilon and other compiled versions of Quake have this file. So just by simply removing the demo1, effect.info, smc_v3.80 and the autoexec is really all you need to do to get things running with a more updated smc. Also there is sound updates for Quake called Epi Quake that can be found on MODDB that replaces nearly all the sounds in the game with more up to date HD quality sound and they even have a remade ost in the same download you can use as well. The Epi Quake ost for the game is fairly good in my opinion but whether or not everyone likes it opposed to the original NIN score is entirely up to the user. I have battled hand over fist just getting my own version of quake running up to par and I am finally satisfied with my results. The people here at QUAKEONE are amazing at what they do and I am damn glad I found this site a while back. Just keep modding your version but at the same time keep the respect of the original developers and make sure you get their blessings before trying to use the content for any other purposes.

Comment

Here is a video showing some of the features of the last smc such as the Quake 3 styled Quad Damage effect, slow mo, shell casings, visible player legs and stuff. I have to run the game with the rtworld turned off because my machine just doesn't have to stones to play it at Quakes full glory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XlVvmWwB6g

Comment

Revision of your HD REMIX.

After playing the package you have uploaded I have noticed a few things. The QuakeMusic.pk3 contains 2 soundtracks. One is in OGG format as the other is in MP3. One soundtrack is the NIN score from the original game and the other is the Diabolic soundtrack from the Epsilon build. Now the HUD also contains doubles of everything within the gfx folder which you only need one unless you like one look better than the other thus replace that texture with the other not keeping both. Now within your Blended Resource.pk3 all world textures are doubled. You have the Rygel's texture pack showing through the QRP pack. If you look hard enough you can actually see the lines for the bricks from Rygel's showing through the bricks of QRP. This is also why the world itself looks as though there is no real difference while turning on the RT World lighting and using the gloss feature as both texture packs react to the RT World and gloss differently. So by eliminating all these doubles will greatly decrease the size of this version greatly as well make the Quake world a bit more stable and better looking overall. Also there is no need for a Demo1 file in your id1 folder as that is what is causing the chaos and instability trying to load the game up with certain smc's.

Comment

thanks 4 the tip.

if you can send my a txt file of what needs to go I can remove them and then re-release it as a smaller compilation. thank you for letting me know.

btw your youtube vid dosent exist anymore :'(
                          Last edited by hoover1979; 07-11-2014, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X