Need help with surface lighting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with surface lighting.

I am trying to make brushes act as light sources in trenchbroom. I add the key _surface with the value of the texture I want to act as a light.

When I compile it looks good for the most part accept in Darkplaces with 'Full' light turned on. When that is turned on, only the surface of the texture is illuminated, and it does not cast light.

This is what I see for the light entity I am using for surface lighting when the .bsp is opened in Quark:
    {
    "classname" "light"
    "origin" "24 80 224"
    "angle" "-0"
    "_surface" "ceil1_1"
    "light" "700"
    }

Any help?

Thanks.

full lightning disable lightmaps, try increasing lighmap values in lightning option
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

COULD've just asked me in Discord chat??

Originally posted by Sgt-PieFace View Post
      I am trying to make brushes act as light sources in trenchbroom. I add the key _surface with the value of the texture I want to act as a light.

When I compile it looks good for the most part accept in Darkplaces with 'Full' light turned on. When that is turned on, only the surface of the texture is illuminated, and it does not cast light.

This is what I see for the light entity I am using for surface lighting when the .bsp is opened in Quark:
      {
      "classname" "light"
      "origin" "24 80 224"
      "angle" "-0"
      "_surface" "ceil1_1"
      "light" "700"
      }

Any help?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X