Open-Source InstaGIB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open-Source InstaGIB

I think it'd be tight to make a totally open-source InstaGIB game. There's almost nothing to do sense the idea of instagib is pretty much down in everyone's minds. As I see it all it would take to make an awesome instagib game is cool style, and an easily accessed menu for the player to change around every single game setting, much like Nexuiz. Anyway I have a little HTML concept page with art and stuff but no place to upload it. I've attached the concept art however. If anyone wants to help out that'd be awesome.

Also: how do I get hosting from this site? Seems like a ton of small mod projects host their pages here.
    Attached Files

rook already has instagib in cax,connect to any empty cax server and in the console type instagib

you can even rail jump (like a rocket jump)
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

jeez didn't I tell you to talk to rook?

Comment

sure i can give anyone the instgib source code. It's kinda fun!
        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

And kinda easy to do as well. Start everyone with a shotgun, modify its firing code so that it does a single bullet doing 1000 damage with no scatter, add a lightning beam along the direction of travel, make the refire time 1.5 seconds, and then modify the death messages and remove all powerups from the map.
          16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
          16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

I think Lord Havoc has some code to actually go thru 1 opponent to the next etc..

:d

Comment

rofl,thats rape
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Well they idea would be to have some kind of menu to allow the player to edit all aspects of the games speed, physics, and such. Instagib itself is pretty simple and there's already a version for basically every game out there, but a totally stand alone version would have its own graphics and everything. And heres that doc I just took a few images out.
                Attached Files

Comment

If you want hosting, email me steve _AT_ quakeone _dOT_ com with what you want to host, what URL you would want (quakeone.com/something), and I'll set you up if your reasoning is quake related. Oh and include a password you want that is not a standard dictionary word

Comment

Sole, would that include clan webpages?? =p

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                      I think Lord Havoc has some code to actually go thru 1 opponent to the next etc..
                      That's just another traceline after the first one, starting at the point of impact and ignoring the first hit entity.
                      16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
                      16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

Has that ever happened?
                        e|------------------------0---------------
                        B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                        G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                        D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                        A|---------------0------------------------
                        E|----------------------------------------

Comment

?

So does anybody like this idea? all I really need is someone who can model at about quake 1 level and create these two simple objects.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli View Post
                            So does anybody like this idea? all I really need is someone who can model at about quake 1 level and create these two simple objects.
                            There aren't too many modders at this site that are capable of making a map and/or making models. http://www.inside3d.com is a site where those with those talents for making Quake mods hang out.
                            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Lardarse View Post
                              That's just another traceline after the first one, starting at the point of impact and ignoring the first hit entity.
                              if quakecon ever had a prom, i'd sure to be dead!

Comment

Working...
                              X