Zircon Engine - 1000 Ping Gameplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zircon Engine - 1000 Ping Gameplay

Zircon Engine -- fully compatible with DarkPlaces with a mouse driven menu and many other things and is super fast -- now has a Zero Ping Movement mode that is extremely resistant to terrible ping and bad packet loss.

It can do cooperative game play at 1000 Ping.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/zircon-engine

This E1M2 action is at 1000 PING with "Zircon's Zero Ping Movement"

Quake Remaster Support Newly Improved

Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Downloaded! It will be interesting to see how/if it will work with my old hardware connecting to Shmack. Regardless, very well done and thanks for all of your efforts to keep Quake alive ...and kicking!

Kind regards
    Monty
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Thanks, however just want to point out it won't work with Shmack at all. The server has to be Zircon with this movement type enabled.

But it is playable at 1000 ping. And the main purpose is no one has 1000 ping unless someone is using satellite internet -- it can offer a solid experience with 200 or 350 ping just fine.

This isn't for "deathmatch" or anything like that, cooperative play and variants is intended use.

The above video is at 1000 ping.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

It is funny that I had the same initial reaction as Mr. Burns here lol, that this client could be used for Shmack - mostly the only server with players on nowadays, to play at a good ping there Perhaps a fix for the future maybe.. hehe

Anyway hello Baker, your Inbox quota is full so I could not send the following message. So I have decided to post my query in one of your threads here..
        ---------------
        Hello and thanks for your previous help in selecting a Quake game engine
        I was wondering if you have in your possession any old Quake demos, such as of the Rune Quake Tournament or any old stuff. I would like to re-live our golden Quake days, view them and also share them with others on my YT channel now

Thanks a bunch,
        -Gem
        The gemstone of gaming is Quake, so load it up and play some

Comment

Sorry, I don't .. archive.org is your best chance for finding those old RuneQuake Tournament demos. I find it interesting that you remember those.

My favorite moment of the tournament was when a few of us were together (like 8-10 people) and trying to get everything squared away for whoever was in the next match.

Then ..
          "Assgoblin has joined the server"
          "Assgoblin has left the server"
          "Someone: What the hell?"

Everyone was laughing.

Comment

Haha haha..
            Assgoblin..

I wasn't able to find much of anything on archive.org, I'll look again later or more carefully. (Or maybe idk how to search it that well)..

I was reading the pages here and hunting for demos, that's how I came across the Rune Tourneys stuff. But it seems there were other tournaments as well too. Aside for amusing and interesting reads, I wasn't able to locate any actual demo files at all :/ I will ask Slot Zero, if he has nothing either then I guess it's the end of that (endeavor lol)

I just figured since you are a huge Quake resource, you may have old stuff that you don't delete and hog. It was really just an assumption tho lol. Hey did you try search your computer for *.dem - you might never know what you find on there haha..

Thanks for your (fast) reply and sorry again to barge into your thread like this, but also this here (Zircon) does look like promising work

Comment

If you contact Steve or Efess or maybe Phenom or Omicron they might be able to find the download for:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070710...view&cat_id=10

The download is probably on the server in the q1files folder.

Comment

Sorry for late answer, I would not leave thread without saying a thank you. But my computer suddenly died (making a crazy loud noise) and then after I had gotten it fixed, my mother suddenly and unexpectedly passed away (after entering the hospital), so then I was left like this

After that I barely managed to connect my computer wires to make my computer work, because I had to do some things on this computer. But after that, I put it to sleep because I was not in a state of mind to use it at all. I couldn't, my mind just wasn't working well enough because I was too distraught, devastated and distracted by this tragedy with my mother passing so quick..

So now, I did manage to view your link to the archive. I would be satisfied with just the DFG Tournament Demos if possible. As for the rest, I don't know how to and where to contact these people. So any help is appreciated in that direction, and sorry for pestering you ..if I did lol, but I am available for help too if anyone needs it as well

Cheers

Comment

Sorry about your real-life events.

DFG videos: you would private message one of the above here using private messages.

Funny note: I can't use private messages. When I unadminned myself ages ago, I had 1000 private messages. But the non-admin limit is far lower, and my private messages storage is well-beyond full, preventing me from sending or receiving private messages.

Comment

Thank you very much for your condolences.

Ok Baker, thank you very much for your kind guidance. I shall do as you instructed, PM-ing those suggested people.

My Reply to your 'Funny note': That is quite funny - thanks for the laugh I suppose you were a desired person to have many conversations with ..haha. Maybe you shouldn't have un-adminned yourself lol. Maybe now you need like me - to message your suggested people to make you Admin again perhaps lol lol. Oh and yes I know, I couldn't get thru to you in your PMs. I thought you held some weight and power here (having access to this site's old data regarding the old demo files) and you could help me out, which you did thru your instructions

Have a good one, and thanks again for everything (have this nice tropical drink on me hehe)
                    -G

Comment

While I still catch you here, I did have another [interesting & intriguing] computer question that I remembered, which I can't seem to figure out.. Maybe it's interesting for you too, here it goes..

There is an old(er) obscure Quake-like [Russian] complete game which I was kinda feeling to play (which is patched up to run on modern computers) on the popular site MODDB. The site is very popular and [supposedly] free of viruses. Having done some research, some people on Quora said the files uploaded there are scanned by like 7 big name anti-virus programs for viruses and malware. Yet after I have downloaded the game (I didn't run it, I was too scared to), my Anti-Virus program (McAfee) gave me a specific virus-worm name for this downloaded game. Could it be a false-positive in this case?

So I was deadlocked in thought for long time, is it okay to run and play this? I didn't wanna risk it so I just kept putting it off but.. it seems to be the only good, running and adjusted to modern PCs copy of this game on the net that can be played. Based on your long(er) than mine computing experience, would this be worth a go or would I put myself at risk. I really don't want to catch any Russian malware now But yet, I still keep thinking that all files on MODDB are scanned, cleaned and safe. I can't seem to reach a final verdict on this enigmatic problem.. [yet]

What is your recommendation, advice or thoughts on this situation? Thanks for your time

Comment

Everything at moddb should be safe to download.

Comment

Great thanks I been wanting to play that game for long time, and now I feel I finally can
                          Btw, there is also a big FPS weekend sale on Steam till Monday going on now if any one is interested. I bought lots of games and kinda spent a lot lol ..Oh well, it will be for plenty of fun filled times for many afternoons I guess..
                          Just a heads up for those that like FPS's and see this post
                          Thanks again Baker and have a good weekend

Comment

Working...
                          X