Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "OP got his fork banned from quake by LadyHavok, revoked his license"

>>>/g/100349312
    >OP got his fork banned from quake world by LadyHavok for disrespecting her. She also revoked his license so he can\u2019t legally distribute the Dark places code in his fork. Now he basically can\u2019t have it hosted anywhere legitimate.

>>>/g/100349401
    >No. [...] likes to use a banned version of the code. The version that uses LadyHavok\u2019s deadname
    >[...]
    >This caused the entire Quake/DarkSpaces/Xonotic community to rally to her defense and pretext her from his abuse.

I've been seeing this claim floating around for years. Infact every time I make a thread about my mod on any other forum on the internet it gets deleted, and every time I write about my mod on *chan I get told this.
    I don't frequent the "Darkplaces" Discord, nor their IRC.
    So what am I missing?

Also I will gladly violate any the Darkplaces no-chaos-esque provision (if there is one) and continue programming on the version I have: as I've been doing for a decade or so : even if someone gets a court order against me. To me it is Quake1. And I will continue to release GPL versions with my additions (which include being able to load Wolfenstine Enemy Territory maps)). Darkplaces is not YOUR fucking engine (even though your fans now pretend it is by not talking about Quake anymore and just saying Darkplaces, XYZ wrote Darkplaces, The Darkplaces engine): it's John Carmack's Quake 1 with additions. It's a derivative work no matter how many times you supposidly rewrite this or that file: you had access to the original, your work is based off the original, it wouldn't exist had the original not existed. A person adding various features does not suddenly CONVERT John Carmack's property into theirs. Nor does YOU editing CONVERT his copyrights: which include CONTROL over all derivative works. Though you do have copyright over your additions: they do not superseded the original copyright, and they must honour and obey the original terms.

I was told when I went on the Darkplaces chat once, just for a few min, years ago, when I said I extended the networking to support more entities, or maybe it was when I extended the map support to include wolfenstine enemy territory that my "patches" (there were none: I just release the source full, the git repos full) would NEVER be accepted. But I never asked for that?

So anyone know anything about this?
    Just every time I post some guy is yelling at me that "LADY HAVOC REVOCKED YOUR LICENSE" "STOLEN CODE"
    Well It's Quake 1. GPL. Yes Stolen code. That's the point of Free Software, Open Source.
    I added my own code too.

No I don't care about your court order if you have one.

I notice there is a screed against "pedophiles" on the Darkplaces discord (essentially communicating that any such people holding traditional ancient views on marriage and expressing them anywhere on the internet will be banned from contributing immediately); and they threw out MirceaKitsune who had contributed some code to both "Darkplaces" (quake 1 fork) and Xonotic.
    Infact the nice client side damage code that shows fx when you get damaged, that still is in my fork/mod, is by MirceaKitsune.

I also notice that now "Lord Havock" has apparently been replaced by a "Lady Havock" supposedly: but no new 3d map format work has been done since then: wereas the old Lord Havock did indeed efortlessly program complex animated 3d formats such as Unreal Tournament 2's animated player format.

So does anyone know if this constant claim that my license to use Quake1 engine known as Darkplaces is revoked is true?
    Last time I posted my engine work to github, when asked by a devranter (they didn't want to use sourceforge), it was deleted within a day or 2.
    I have screenshots somewhere of the Darkplaces people on Discord saying they'd "take care of it" as if me posting my code to github was verboten. And it was shadowbanned within a day.

Again: I don't really care as I will gladly violate "LadyHavocks" copyright rights to "Darkplaces" (aka Quake1), and can come and try to enforce against me. And then can see what the FUCK happens.
    I will continue releasing my work as GPL. As is what is desired by Quake1's release long ago.
    I just wanted to know where this notion comes from.

TLDR:
    >Again: ANY of you want to COME AND ENFORCE against me: I'm ready to fucking GO FUCKING DOWN. AND TAKE YOU THE ___FUCK___ WITH ME.
    >YOU GOT THAT YOU FUCKING PIECES OF FUCKING SHIT.
    >YOU GOT THAT
    >
    >THAT MEANS DOWN IN THE FUCKING ____G ___ R____ O ____ U ______ N_____ D____
    Last edited by ChaosEsqueEd; 05-07-2024, 09:55 AM.

Comment

> >>100358960 https://desuarchive.org/g/thread/100358922/#q100365710
      >Stolen code. Lady Havoc revoked your license.
      I don't care. I will violate "Lady Havoc"s revocation and copyright rights for all time. This is a hobby to me. Quake1 is GPL. I do not care if you revoked. I will NOT obey you.
      >Give it a rest or you'll be hearing from law enforcement soon.
      Come at me. I will end anyone you send.

>>100365687 https://desuarchive.org/g/thread/100358922/#q100365818
      >Schizo forks some tranny code
      It's called Quake1. Is John Carmack a tranny?
      The fork is from 2012: it contains no "tranny code"
      >He deludes himself to be a programmer because he copy/pasted some weapon entries
      I implemented Wolfenstine:Enemy Territory map loading in the engine, and a new extended network protocol that allows up to 4 million entities (like ftwquake). Additionally a compatibility mode with earlier networking code.
      I also worked on allowing obj models to be used directly as maps.
      In the game code I implemented a magic casting system, an inventory system, drunkenness, eating, drinking, a brawling mutator, burying mines, aswell as spawnarrays, spawnradials, and other functions to assist in procedural map generation (inspired from autocad)
      I made 50 3d maps for the game.
      I've made 100s of models for the game: from weapon models, to buildings, to various other props (baloons, spikes, bouncers (now you'll latch onto this and pretend the other more complex models don't exist)).
      >Starts shitting up /g/ because he was banned from any other single platform
      I was here _B_E_FORE_ __YOU___
      >Schizos pretending to be programmers to cover for attention whoring and to cover their intellectual failings has become too common ever since the Terry saga (except he was a real programmer) just look at the maid schizo or this troglodyte

I've been a programmer since 2001.
      Started on Perl.
      Were you alive then?

All GPL/Opensource.

I've been mapping since 1997.
      Were you alive then?

Do you want to fight me? I'll fight you.
      Zoomer fuck.

I show my work. Show yours.
      Attached Files

Comment

https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/threa...18/#q467441052
        I've seen you rant about white people in the past. That makes me believe that you are either a Poojeet or a ******.
        I do believe that you are right about your case in regard to the tranny not being able to revoke your license or whatever.
        Maybe your situation is a personal punishment from the Quake gods for you being a ******, or for you wanting to port UT maps to Quake. Which goes against it's spirit.
        Either way stop fishing for empathy on pol from people you ranted about in the past. Your disgusting ****** ass doesn't belong here and this isn't political. At best it's a personal blog.
        >I've seen you rant about white people in the past.
        "Fellow" White people will never give me a young virgin girl to marry for any price, and are therefore my enemies.

> That makes me believe that you are either a Poojeet or a ******.
        What colour are my eyes, dipshit
        <------

>I do believe that you are right about your case in regard to the tranny not being able to revoke your license or whatever.
        I never claimed that under US law he is not able to revoke.
        I am saying I will NOT obey US Copyright law. And I WILL end anyone sent to enforce.
        I will continue to use the "darkplaces" Quake1 forks code that I got in 2012 as I wish and release my changes under the GPL

>Maybe your situation is a personal punishment from the Quake gods for you being a ******,
        There is no God other than YHWH.
        > or for you wanting to port UT maps to Quake.
        I didn't say port, dipshit, I said implement more map formats in the engine: including Unreal BSP. Which I've found opensource C++ code to.
        >Which goes against it's spirit.
        OH IS THAT __FUCKING__ SO DIP FUCKING SHIT?
        WERE YOU FUCKING ALIVE WHEN Quake and Unreal CAME OUR DIP FUCKING ___FUCKING___ SHIT?
        WERE YOU?

If it's so against the spirit : then why was the sourcecode made opensource, dip fucking shit white ******?

>Either way stop fishing for empathy on pol from people you ranted about in the past.
        I was here before you white nationalist dipshit fgts. Get the FUCK off MY anime website.
        4chan was created to post loli.
        > Your disgusting ****** ass
        Blue eyes, dipshit FUCK.
        What colour are yours?
        > doesn't belong here
        I WAS HERE BEFORE YOU
        > and this isn't political.
        Pol is for POLITICALLY INCORRECT, NOT FUCKING POLITICS
        > At best it's a personal blog.
        FUCK you
        Attached Files

Comment

>>467441052 https://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/...918#p467441052 https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/threa...18/#q467441052
          >Maybe your situation
          What situation, dipshit?
          I have the code.
          I edit it as I wish.

You, if you want to cause a "situation" gotta come here. And then that'll be it for you.

I'm not obeying any "revocation". I'm not saying it can't be done under US Copyright law. I'm saying I will not obey your law.

YHWH is my Elohim.
          Not your fgt women's right C_NTtry.
          And if you want to REVOKE and ENFORCE: you'll have to do that in person.

And then I'll End you when you step to me in my domicile.

Comment

>>100399573 (OP)
            This is stolen code.
            Lady Havok revoked your license.
            You think this is all a game? You think licenses are a joke?

You are not entitled to make your shitty mod based on somebody else's hard work. It is intellectual property theft which you use to LARP as some sort of "coder" on this shithole site.

Good luck having to explain to your family that you will be paying thousands of dollars in lawsuits to defend some shitry mod. You will not have a penny to your name after the lawyers are done with you.
            >>100399778
            >>>100399573 (OP)
            >This is stolen code.
            That's what opensource is about.
            And all code is opensource in China.
            >Lady Havok revoked your license.
            Citation needed. Though I don't care. I will gladly violate US Copyright.
            >You think this is all a game? You think licenses are a joke?
            Yes and Yes. (GRSecurity has proven it)
            Try to enforce against me.
            >You are not entitled to make your shitty mod based on somebody else's hard work.
            Here you are wrong. I am entitled to do anything I want so long as I don't die as a direct consequence of that immediate action.
            > It is intellectual property theft
            As I said: that's what opensource is about.
            And all code is opensource in China.
            > which you use to LARP as some sort of "coder"
            I've been programming since 2001. You can find my old projects.
            I have implemented extra features in this engine: Wolfenstine:Enemy Territory map loading, extended entity networking,
            and modeled and programmed lots of extra weapons, along with a magic system, buildable buildings (like in an RTS) etc that you can go in.
            And more vehicles etc
            > on this shithole site.
            >Good luck having to explain to your family that you will be paying thousands of dollars in lawsuits to defend some shitry mod.
            I will not pay any judgement, attend any hearing, nor obey any order.
            That includes those enforced by law enforcement.
            I'll kill anyone you send dead and gone. The holes are already dug: have been for 20 years.
            >You will not have a penny to your name after the lawyers are done with you.
            I don't have a penny now. Judgement Proof.
            Furthermore: currency is someone else's future labour.
            And it can't buy a child bride anyway: so it's not even money (first purpouse of money in sumer was to purchase female children for marraige, second was to buy grain for the army)

This will continue to be released GPL, just as Quake1 was (as it is a quake engine, plus Quake C code, all derivative from Quake1 (and yes: it ALL is derivative))

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X