Hmm..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm..

Accept My Photo I Uploaded Into The Members Image Gallery!

Edit. I like the title Quake Marine, it suits me

No one wants to see that. (approved)
    uakene.com

Comment

ha ha ha!
      don't worry, it won't stay on for too long

Comment

like I said, it didn't last long

Comment

Are you still in school ramp? What's your sitrep? (career goals, etc.) Just curious...blame Wisconsin for being THIS boring.

Comment

yep, I'm in school.

I'm only turning 22 on November 1st.

I attend Seneca College in Toronto.

Career Goals? i feel like I'm being interviewed.. well let's see, I own an online business and I'm taking business administration to help with marketing/business aspect of my online business.

If you're interested in seeing my site its

http://www.cashrichmoney.com

Comment

How long has your webhosting business been up?

says in the whois "22 Feb 2007 19:12:26"

I'm looking for new webhosting btw, 1and1.com is turning to crap all of the sudden.
              QuakeOne.com
              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
              Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
              Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

1and1 is pretty bad to be honest.

Personally I use ixwebhosting to host mine.
                My dad uses ixwebhosting to run his website homeservice club canada
                and my best friend uses it to run his dad's limousine car company.

I would say they have the best price for the best benefits.
                A lot web hosting sites are a bunch of guys working from their basement, so it's hard to put your faith in them.
                and 1 free domain at 29 dollars a month?
                what a joke..

Just go on my site
                and scroll down
                you'll see the benefits for each one.
                HostMonster is also really good for the benefits/price
                ixwebhosting also has a 3.95/month plan
                with IX you get 2 domains.
                Last edited by Rampage; 10-19-2007, 04:29 PM.

Comment

www.slhost.com <-- good host with quality support. All my support tickets have been answered within 45 minutes max during the week and 1 hour on weekends. Average response time is probably in the neighborhood of 20 minutes which is phenomenal in the hosting industry these days...

Comment

Well right now, 1and1 has me on shared hosting and my websites take upwards of 12-15 seconds just for a HTTP request to be made :/
                    QuakeOne.com
                    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                    Great Quake engine

Comment

Solecord, that was kind of weird.. and sad..

Anyhow, Phenom..

You can transfer everything onto the new domain.

The fact you're on shared hosting only means you're trying to reduce your cost output.

The price of the hosting companies I put up is much lower than even their normal (non-shared) plans.

Since you are on shared hosting that could easily impact your visitor's upload time of the website.

Bro, thats ridiculous.. you're paying 19.99/monthly for 1 gig Web space?
                      Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm looking at "sharepoint" plan.

The regular 19.99/monthly deal includes 300 GB of web space.

If you compare the price/benefits.. The BEST plan available on ixwebhosting is Unlimited Pro for 12.95 a month, and that has 16 domains, 4,000 GB Data Transfer, and whats this? UNLIMITED SPACE.. not 300 gb of web space for 19 dollars..
                      and thats ONLy the 12.95 deal..
                      if you look at the 3.95 Expert Plan it offers 2 domains, 300 GB web space, 3000 GB data transfer. 24/7 customer support thats STILL better than what you have now
                      They have a lot of differentiation from 1and1.. as far as price and benefits
                      you're getting better services, and a much cheaper price, and you don't have to share it. If you do some research you'll see ixwebhosting is rated top 3 in North America.

Honestly man you can go look around the internet for better deals it doesn't make a difference to me and when you realize you're getting ripped you can make the decision to come back to my site.

Comment

Rampage,

whoa thanks for the tip dude, I really am getting gyped, thought I am only paying $3.99 for 30GB webspace I believe, the pageload time is horriffic and is hurting my traffic greatly I know.

Avalanche pointed me towards powweb.com and they seem pretty reliable thought I won't know until I've tried them. but now I'm stuck bettwen wanting powweb and ixwebhosting heh...

I have 4 domains (.com's) I would need to transfer btw
                        QuakeOne.com
                        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                        Great Quake engine

Comment

Transferring all your domains won't be a problem since you can host 8 domains.
                          Pow Web Isn't bad but their benefits at 5.95/month are still the same as the 3.95/month deal. Except at 5.95 you can get unlimited domains which IX also offers at the same price range.

Personally I know IX to be widely recognized online.. I've never heard of powweb and as you can see I've been doing this since february..

IX has an online LIVE chat if you want to ask them any questions regarding their product or service.

It's up to you, in the end it's just web hosting.

Comment

Oh by the way, kind of off topic but..

I'm planning to return to Quake strictly on a "1on1" basis..
                            just have some fun..

and I know you wanted to play before so I'm interested in doing this with you and sting. Just play 1on1..
                            I'm tired of the team games at rage.. all the complaining is a real turn off
                            and too many people on the server.. without 3 teams its really bad.. you bump into teammates constantly especially when I try to RJ around

anyhow let me know if you're up for it, add me on MSN
                            [email protected]

Comment

Oh and Phen.. I'm sorry I had to do this but it was all too tempting..
                              I found some tidbit on the internet.. and if you ever learned "General environmental" threats in your business class..

than you know PowWeb is facing some..

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/pow...hosting_sucks/

some people ranted, and there are lots of comments from many users underneath, including representatives trying to protect the company's image and other people coming in and saying they will no longer recommend this site.

Apparently this guy was shut down for trying to use most of their resources available from the web hosting package he purchased.. they told him he had abusive SQL scripts on his site and when he called them they had no explanation for the problem but told him they cannot help him by phone and he has to wait for an e-mail response..

he lost a lot of traffic and he had major downtime and they wouldn't let his site back up
                              thought it was an interesting read.. take a look if it helps you in your decision making

Read his story, its actually quite bad what they did to him..

Comment

Working...
                              X