X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you play at Rage?

Just a fun, simple poll that I thought of after yeller said:

Originally posted by Yellow No. 5 View Post
    Btw monkey..about the poll, most of the people on the forums don't play on rage, and vice versa, so whatever you get here isn't a clear picture.
    It doesn't get any simpler than yes or no And we will get to see who voted so yeller can verify for us
    Yes
    63.16%
    No
    36.84%

I said yes because even though Yellow No.5 JUST NOW banned me from Rage after all I said to the server was "Hello" I still believe in getting games going in Quake 1 CA... but I guess I stay banned until Yeller quits throwing his little temper :/

I predict Yellow No.5 will chime in with some smart ass remark
    P.S That last sentence repels him from making a smart ass remark
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Yes i do.. However if AZ1.suroot.com would put a CA server up I'd play there by myself just because...

Phenom thats 1 year and 3 days now....

Comment

Rarely, but yes.
        e|------------------------0---------------
        B|---------------0^1----------------1----
        G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
        D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
        A|---------------0------------------------
        E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Not anymore.

Now that speaknow.quakeone.com is out..
          I ping 20 there, and I'm sure most eastern and central players will enjoy this server a lot more due to lower ping.

I also enjoy the bunny hop, it's quicker, more like QW, makes RJ'ers more dangerous.

Comment

Great... I'll probably ping 90 at the speak server.. ;-(

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
              I ping 20 there, and I'm sure most eastern and central players will enjoy this server a lot more due to lower ping.

I also enjoy the bunny hop, it's quicker, more like QW, makes RJ'ers more dangerous.
              When there was a ticrate of 0.00 there, I was pinging >55. I logged on again and the ticrate was 0.01 (100fps) and my ping was < 43. I'm in Kansas so Chicago and Dallas are both close enough to me.. though I ping < 35 at Rage.
              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I wish I can take my vote back, I don't plan on playing at Rage anymore.

speaknow is a dedicated gaming server smooth as butter!

and I usually ping 50-60 at chicago servers but I was pinging 30 at Speaknow and I'm running a shoutcast server!
                QuakeOne.com
                Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

i enjoy playing at rage once in a while, but it's against my principles because i dislike how i see admins using their power. so, i generally only play there from desperation

Comment

Hmm, i'm an admin on rage..

So, how would "you" (anyone in general) change things on Rage? What are the things you dislike about Rage, not talking about the players that are spammin "play on my server" or the teammate that just runs around with an axe, or the guy who perches himself at red armor and spams grenades down, or the guy who reconnects spamming how lame ca is, or the guy in observer mode who just says between rounds.. "TDM now!" etc.. etc.. how different would the server run if admin commands were available to all players ? I get a fair ping, though i get a few hundred packets lost during play. This is being addressed by the server's owner, but should the server get a bad rep because admins have to put the hammer down on a few unruly players?

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post

So, how would you change things on Rage?
                      I would start by RE-banning ******cron.
                      e|------------------------0---------------
                      B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                      G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                      D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                      A|---------------0------------------------
                      E|----------------------------------------

Comment

The biggest annoyance to me in recent times is the max teams set to 2 and the CC lock that occasionally gets set. IMO it was much more fun to play when there could be more than 2 teams, especially when there was an odd number of players. It happens so often that there is an odd number of players and no admin around and we're forced to have an extra player on one team.

The other thing I hate is ban and kick happy admins. IMO a player should be banned for only these 2 reasons:

1. cheating
                        or
                        2. Constant unrelenting spamming (a la omicron)

Banning people for using axe or playing as green color is so juvenile.

Also I was kicked the other day for RJing into that secret wall in the edge arena area. Yellow said I couldn't take damage there which is false. Lighten up yellow!
                        "If we fight for money I'll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honor, I'll stop hitting you when I feel like it." - Rickson Gracie

Comment

Originally posted by mithril View Post
                          The biggest annoyance to me in recent times is the max teams set to 2 and the CC lock that occasionally gets set. IMO it was much more fun to play when there could be more than 2 teams, especially when there was an odd number of players. It happens so often that there is an odd number of players and no admin around and we're forced to have an extra player on one team.
                          actually i have changed that in the last couple weeks, it will let u join the team with the least # of teammates example:3 vs 2

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post

So, how would "you" (anyone in general) change things on Rage?
                            Although I'm a Dredd admin (and basically what I'm about to say is pretty much offered at Dredd), for Rage I'd also say no 2-team lock (cause that's incredibly annoying when you can't have more than 2 teams), and also just a little less DM3. I know we've gone through the DM3 thing a billion times, but I honestly prefer coming up with new strategies based on the map instead of the same old crap to survive on DM3.

If they switched levels maybe once every 5 games or so, I'd be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by QuadRaptor View Post
                              Although I'm a Dredd admin (and basically what I'm about to say is pretty much offered at Dredd), for Rage I'd also say no 2-team lock (cause that's incredibly annoying when you can't have more than 2 teams), and also just a little less DM3. I know we've gone through the DM3 thing a billion times, but I honestly prefer coming up with new strategies based on the map instead of the same old crap to survive on DM3.

If they switched levels maybe once every 5 games or so, I'd be happy.
                              Ya, I think most people who want dm3 24-7 are playing at speaknow...
                              If dm3 is the best map of all time why didnt they make a version for q2 q3 q4? as it seems the "edge" map was converted for all those games...

Comment

Working...
                              X