Cax generating, assessing, choosing, and implementing alternatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm this would cripple the shaft
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

That would be good because I barely use the shaft anyway.

Comment

I thought one of the points of CA was that it help more people get into quake.

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
        NBA, NHL, NFL, and MLB
        Those are all at the professional sports level. Rampage, i know you're really good and want to play at that level, and i understand why you want to bring up the level of play. but you'll only alienate people who aren't as good from playing if you make it harder for them to have a chance against you. I see CAx as like college-level sports. let us newbies have our stray shot + splash so that we have a chance of taking you out.

Spamming: I think having FF and whatever damage thing will help reduce that. but, everyone uses GL as part of the game, even if it means spamming you to hell.

head-hunting: it's a team game. if i can take out the guy who's most likely to cause the most damage, then i just helped my team have a chance of winning. it's sort of kamikaze-ish. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. if you feel "targeted," you should see it as a sign that they fear you.

Comment

Originally posted by raebocol View Post
          I thought one of the points of CA was that it help more people get into quake.

Those are all at the professional sports level. Rampage, i know you're really good and want to play at that level, and i understand why you want to bring up the level of play. but you'll only alienate people who aren't as good from playing if you make it harder for them to have a chance against you. I see CAx as like college-level sports. let us newbies have our stray shot + splash so that we have a chance of taking you out.

Spamming: I think having FF and whatever damage thing will help reduce that. but, everyone uses GL as part of the game, even if it means spamming you to hell.

head-hunting: it's a team game. if i can take out the guy who's most likely to cause the most damage, then i just helped my team have a chance of winning. it's sort of kamikaze-ish. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. if you feel "targeted," you should see it as a sign that they fear you.
          I'm not alienating you or others from playing, in fact these changes are promoting playing at a higher skill level, practicing more or getting better to keep up. The splash, and everything else will still be there, but at a decreased amount. Simply spamming will now be useless and instead you'll actually have to aim, that is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish by raising this issue.

You're right about head-hunting, after all in professional sports people have names on the back of their jersies for a reason

I do feel quite targeted and it makes it fun for me, I have to take on more Quakers at once but at times when its huge mobs it can be very hard to deal with, especially when there are many players on at once its hard to avoid.

Comment

Maybe a lot of people arent trying to be "superstars" of quake and are happy to jump on and play for an hour or so not caring how good or bad they do?

Comment

You completely misunderstood my post, there was no such remarks based on superstardom.

Comment

how about nades that gradually become weaker in damage/blastradius if fired in rapid succession.. so the first will be normal, second half, third quarter.. if fired within a certain amount of time from previous nade fired.. this could reduce nade spam or at least reduce the damaging effect..

Comment

Originally posted by =peg= View Post
                  how about nades that gradually become weaker in damage/blastradius if fired in rapid succession.. so the first will be normal, second half, third quarter.. if fired within a certain amount of time from previous nade fired.. this could reduce nade spam or at least reduce the damaging effect..
                  That's a neat idea. How about using that idea on all the weapons to force weapon switching

Comment

This is all fine and dandy, but might be better for whitehot. I cant alter the behavior of weapons after 10 years. Else people would migrate to Halo3

Comment

well i was talking about gl only.. say 1 nade does 100% damage as usual.. then 2 single nades would do 200% but 3 spam nades would only do 100%+50%+25%=175% in total (if they would all be direct hits which ain't likely)

so basically it would be more effective to use nades with some time in between each shot (or use another weapon in between) thus making spamming less effective.. and even if ppl still spam there is a much bigger chance of surviving the "mine field"

maybe u could even use some fancy color shifting to make weaker nades a different color..

anyways.. just a thought (which was the purpose of this thread)

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                        This is all fine and dandy, but might be better for whitehot. I cant alter the behavior of weapons after 10 years. Else people would migrate to Halo3
                        You're altering the behavior already by making a grenade spam filter.

Comment

ya but that grenade filter has been in place for 7 years..

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                            ya but that grenade filter has been in place for 7 years..
                            And people are playing Halo 3. SO THERE!

Comment

Working...
                            X