Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for players (for private matches)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for players (for private matches)

Hi,

We regularly play Quake and Unreal Tournament (FFA). I have a fairly good ADSL connection (8 Mbit / 512 kbit) so I can start a server for up to 6 players. We would also like to play team matches (no CTF, sorry), but our number (three people at present) is not enough for that. So we are looking for other players who might join us in a friendly shooting party. The rules: no rude behaviour or cheating.

We are fairly experienced players (have been playing for a couple of years) but not professionals. If you are at this skill level and would like to join us, please, contact me at the following e-mail address:

menczel AT mailbox DOT hu

Enthusiastic beginners who want to improve and are willing to practice are also welcome.

The server is located in Szeged, Hungary, so players in Europe can expect fairly good pings. We usually play on weekends (Sunday 8 PM) but this can be changed. It is _not_ a public server, you can use it only if invited. I will consider any reasonable request for providing server time to invited members in the evenings (for practice or matches).

Final note: We definitely do _not_ want to create a clan or take part in public competitions. We just like to play Quake in a civilized way!

Hi Speaker,

Luckily there are still a few die hard civilised quake players left in europe (...and peg ) , in Germany, Sweden, UK, Belgium, Holland, even 1 in croatia (alledgedly) who do use this site and if you post your server addy here and the server is playable I'm sure some of them might drop in. Just one small bit of advice, in my limited experience the european players do tend to like a bit of variation in their maps so if you have plenty of custom maps installed you stand a good chance of getting a game going. Hope this helps

Kind regards

Monty
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

I would be happy to come and play anytime !
      My servers for the gamers:
      bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
      port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
      Offline ATM
      fvf.servequake.com
      flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
      Offline ATM
      newdm.servequake.com
      port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
      sigpic

Comment

count me in as well

Comment

Ouch... I consider myself above average skill level, but I think a US-Turkey connection would probably be about as smooth as sandpaper...
          e|------------------------0---------------
          B|---------------0^1----------------1----
          G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
          D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
          A|---------------0------------------------
          E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Final note: We definitely do _not_ want to create a clan or take part in public competitions. We just like to play Quake in a civilized way!
            Wow, cheers to you mate! This is a great avenue to get games going!
            Sadly I wish you wanted a CTF game, but if it's a friendly FFA (heck i think i can play TDM "dont quote me on that"), i would participate ! Anything quake that involves shooting more than the ground I'll play!

Edit: 8pm Hungarian time is what 9amUSA ?!
            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

well im a jerk, so im out..

Comment

Originally posted by Speaker View Post

there is no way to play quake in a civilized way, u are in the game to kill and get frags any way possible to maximize your score and kill efficiency, thats the aim of the game.

Comment

He means play quake without all the bitching.
                  "Cheater!"
                  "***!"
                  "Camper!"
                  "Noob!"
                  "Nice Hack!"
                  e|------------------------0---------------
                  B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                  G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                  D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                  A|---------------0------------------------
                  E|----------------------------------------

Comment