Armagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armagon

One thing comes to mind when your fighting Armagon, apart from Scotland.

"Gunning capabilities the likes you've never seen before"

This is a sequel if you like to my Shub-Niggurath thread and if you havent guessed already, its a little guide to beating Armagon.

Part I (Armagon him self)

Armagon is best compared with nothing from Quake but from Quake II. He is a Cyborg (robotic and living tissue) much like the Strogg. He has two attacks, a laser cannon similar to the one you get and rocket launcher, highly more powerful than the one you get (atleast thats what it seems).

As with your own laser cannon, Armagon fires red beams of light with good accuracy and they bounce off the walls if they miss. They arnt too much of a problem if you only get hit by a few which is likely if you keep moving.

But its his rocket launcher which deals the biggest threat. Apart from it flying through the air much faster than you can dodge unless your already running, the rockets deal impossible damage. When I was fighting him, my health was still counting down to 100 from the megahealth when i was caught in one of Armagon's rocket spasms (where he can fire almost continuess rockets) and i was blown up in seconds.

Part II (The Fight)

You get a ton of ammo before you enter the portal leading to Armagon's Lair and even more around the arena so you dont have to worry about using the axe. Walk towards the structure in the centre of the arena and lights will turn on and the thing will spin around before exploding, revealing Armagon.

From my experience, the Lightning Gun is below useful since you need to be rather close for it to work so use the laser cannon whilst always moving and if your health gets below 50 to 75, get some health packs but try to shoot him as often as possible.

When you've run out of cells and your a journey from the cell ammo pickups, use the super nail gun and then go back to the laser cannon when you have more cells. If you run out of nails and/or cells again, the fight will be close to ending so either pick up more nails or cells (where available) or just fire a few rockets and you should hear Armagon's deafening screch as he explodes, leaving his robotic legs.

Watch the only cutscene in the entire game and congratulations, you've beaten Armagon, the monster and the game.

\\\note that is not my own screenshot of the fight///

Sounds good!

Armagon is probably the all-round best Quake 1 boss, and probably the one who can take you most off-guard.

A major thing to keep in mind is to remember that he doesn't actually always need to stop and face you head-on to attack- as he often sticks an arm out and fires a volley of rockets sideways-ish while moving.

The interesting thing with this guy is that you need to be FAR away from him- but also far away from any wall or even the cover you are using- in case a rocket explodes nearby or laser bounces off it.
    Check out my awesome Deviant art page!
    Quake fanart (obviously included)!

http://harry-the-fox.deviantart.com/

Comment

Working...
    X