Site: "No Drama" Rule? Yes|No

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site: "No Drama" Rule? Yes|No

Many other sites have a "no drama" rule and simply don't permit the kind of arguing that we seem to have had lately in the forums.

There has always been arguing here and some of this isn't so new, but it seems like the sole reason that some people come to the forums is to participate in "drama" involving personal attacks or attempts to antagonize others.

What makes this different than in the past is in the past most of the arguing might have to do with at least something that had to do with Quake and these recent arguments just appear personal.

Should be have an "No Drama" Rule and disallow that type of activity from the forums?

(This poll is for collection of opinions and to see how people feel about the issue.)
    Yes - We don't need trolling and personal attacks here
    33.33%
    No - Free discussion is important
    58.33%
    Not sure
    8.33%
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

honestly in my opinion, I think that silly. Its quake.... if your going to get mad about what some dork 20 states away from you says then you obviously dont have a life
    DAVEMAN

Comment

Voted free discussion. Nothing here gets to me at all, I actually find most of amusing.

insert a graphical representation <here>

Comment

It's going to be a very quite forum if you can successfully cut out drama.

Is this site going to be a workshop for Quake projects, or is it a place to converse as players and learn to cope with each other?

Comment

Gaming has always been about Drama but... even with that said sometimes it can go too far and longer then it should. Simple moderation should suffice. Lock it when you need to.
          www.Net-Tyme.com
          Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
          Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

Originally posted by Net-Tyme View Post
            Gaming has always been about Drama but... even with that said sometimes it can go too far and longer then it should. Simple moderation should suffice. Lock it when you need to.
            Great point.
            ALso I think if and when the live chat get implemented, that should take care of some of the silly stuff being posted as the drama boys can talk about in real time.

Comment

Ill put it to you this way, I would take more offense to someone coming up to me on the street calling me a name or trying to say something about me, rather than someone over the internet calling me a newb or *** that doesnt know me. And yes, quake without "drama" or name calling doesnt make quake fun.
              DAVEMAN

Comment

Originally posted by Shok View Post
                Voted free discussion. Nothing here gets to me at all, I actually find most of amusing.

insert a graphical representation <here>
                What sh0xar0x said.

Comment

attacks are attacks, they have no place anywhere and should be punished by bans, if unprovoked. Then u have ppl coming here and just being stupid like MS, not bannable, but moderation would be required, thats more work for baker and souless and whomever else has that duty, so in a way maybe not an option. When a thread starts goin all wacky, provide a warning, after the warning has been dealt, deal with it however u see fit. I may be venomous, and treal. I hold no punches and cant stand a liar or storytwister.
                  SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
                  THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm not so sure it is going to be as simple as "no drama"

I think flame wars shouldn't be tolerated, but drama is all part of quake.

I don't understand half the shit Static types...and 1/2 the shit Splinter types is above my IQ so they don't bother me. Just wish they had some more interesting debates. They're starting to beat the dead horse with it.
                    Originally posted by Baker
                    Why does the biggest cry baby in the forums use an Arnold Schwarzenegger avatar? Arnold never cries like a little girl like how you have cried in every Kimp thread.

Comment

Originally posted by StatiC View Post
                      I may be venomous, and treal. I hold no punches and cant stand a liar or storytwister.
                      Are you my alter ego?

Moving on to the poll at hand... don't ******* sensor me. Ban the ****ers who boast personal attacks and trolls such as Kimp, Omicron's of the board. Every ******* day I come here I see the rules tighten up little bit by little bit... let me break it down...

in my book it looks like this...

Chapter 1: The Omicron

Chapter 2: Ultimate Paradise

Chaoter 3: Kimp'n aint easy

Chapter 5: Lets bash gays together

Incidents like the ones listed above should be quarantined WAY before they were given a chance to spread, yet the mods/admins allowed it and in some cases, re-allowed it and then re-allowed it again.

I'm not ban happy but there comes a point in certain user's activities where you have to sprout some balls and say "YOU HAVE CROSSED A LINE. GOODBYE" then obliterate the issue with MAYBE only the chance of a 2 strike rule (forget 3 strikes this isnt baseball.) in the same hand don't let *******s like Souless be mod (obvious bad choice).

How do we keep people happy and censor them? We don't... they get slowly more censored and slowly more depressed which in the future will turn this community into a dull grey glimpse of the vibrance it once had.

we're a bunch of diverse people here, act like it!
                      QuakeOne.com
                      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Where's chapter four?

Comment

Originally posted by wolv View Post
                          where's chapter four?
                          profit!?
                          Originally posted by Baker
                          Why does the biggest cry baby in the forums use an Arnold Schwarzenegger avatar? Arnold never cries like a little girl like how you have cried in every Kimp thread.

Comment

This goes out to eieio:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCfpJjh7MJw]YouTube - Avenged Sevenfold - Chapter Four[/ame]

Anyway, back on topic:

Phenom's view on censorship sums up what I think nicely. People are going to start buying Leno's mixtapes and smashing them.
                            Last edited by Wolv; 05-26-2010, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolv View Post
                              Where's chapter four?
                              Forgive me, I must of had a temporary loss of elementary fundamentals

think i was aiming for 5 chapters but it ultimately started to turn into a nit-pik book and erased chapter 4
                              QuakeOne.com
                              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                              Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                              Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Working...
                              X