carmack/3d/vr news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carmack/3d/vr news

carmack has been helping to develop a new 3d virtual reality headset, it's gained the support of several major game companies: id (of course), valve, epic, and unity. theres a kickstarter for it and if you pledge $300 you will get a beta version of the headset plus a developers kit to add support for it into your game! the reissue of doom3 and a new game called hawken already supports it. this is big because vr products have never seen such mainstream support before, early reviews of the device are positive and carmack in interviews seems very excited about it.

i think there's only 67 hours left if you want one of these devices early before it heads into production, because the kickstarter funding period is almost over. the funding has reached over 2 million dollars so far.

Oculus

Oculus Rift: Step Into the Game by Oculus — Kickstarter

Very nice project.

Baker , its time for proquake 5.00 VR
    My servers for the gamers:
    bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
    port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
    Offline ATM
    fvf.servequake.com
    flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
    Offline ATM
    newdm.servequake.com
    port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
    sigpic

Comment

^^^
      My Avatars!
      Quake Leagues
      Quake 1.5!!!
      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Bad timing, and it really sux considering I bet $300 is a drop in the bucket compared to what the actual cost of owning one of these units. I'm gonna guess it's price will be around that of todays highest priced gpu's (The cost could buy you a bitchin pc.)

I however disagree that they even mention holodeck from StarTrek,cuz this ISNT anywhere near a holodeck. It's awesome though,but holodeck is not.
        Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 08-29-2012, 10:14 AM.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
        X