Quake 1 Full Version Download?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Q -Mark [0!0]
    But by now, in these days, is there any fortuite possibilities about it to make the community of players really grow?!?
    Absolutely.

But is like planning a moon landing or building a space station or a suspension bridge. Wanting it to happen or even the desire the make it happen isn't going to make it happen.

Writing up specs, following a "blueprint" and developing it makes it happen and waiting for all the pieces to be in place. The problems that Quake has isn't related to the game not being fun it is just highly disorganized.

But something else that doesn't make it happen: talking in the forums.

And I'm back to writing engine code.

What pieces are in place?

1. When stuff eventually is ready, this site get pretty hefty traffic. Way more than you'd think any 15 year-old game forum should ever have. But we do. It is startlingly large traffic. That is a tool.
    2. Developers, developers, developers. (Inside3D, Func_Msgboard, all the engine stuff people do, mappers, modelers, texturers, Remake Quake people testing out ideas, etc.).
    3. Long-time regulars.
    4. People with various expertise in the game and the a strong and loyal fan base.
    Last edited by Baker; 02-26-2011, 12:57 AM.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Quake isn't free and it never will be free.

It'll be ok.

You don't have to have Quake to be able to play on a server.

I'll give you a hint ...

Engine X is already using a good share of "replacement Quake".

SynQ Project???

Engine X?

Oh yeah ... and people love Engine X!!

I am unrelenting, patient and incredibly persistent. And very sneaky.

But look, I'm not here to talk about resurrecting Quake. I'm here to see that it happens through action. So I'm not gonna infinitely chat about this. I can either work on things or talk, talk doesn't get anything done.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Do your work and priorities but let me just say I want you to talk (or someone else who can) to new visitors to download/play quake 1.
        Someone else please. Like I said, I want to work on things not talk. Talking is not what I need to be doing.

I understand your impatience, I'm impatient too.

Like I said wanting things doesn't make them happen and I have to continue to do what I am working on ... all the wanting, impatience, talking does not get anything I want to finish up one second closer to completion.

Comment

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000H1AGA6/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1298739840&sr=8-1&condition=used]Amazon.com: Used and New: QUAKE[/ame]

Comment

I will come back here or possibly create a new thread to give clear instructions to new visitors who wants to play Q1 (with full paid version or not)...

I'm just in a little rush to do it «NOw«!
            Good luck with that!
            I'm afraid of the masses of kids then, but thats not my problem
            Modding like it's 1999! HELL YEAH!
            Operating Engine: Engoo
            QuakeC Compiler: vqcc.exe

Comment

dose anyone have the quake 1 map packs for download??
              I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
              But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

However you can read back a few posts and figure a alternative route.
                Rambo[RuM]
                I support:
                Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
                Qrack - Thank You r00k
                Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
                Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

figure it out, your smart =)

[Baker: I removed a certain link there. Can't have illegal download links in the forum, it is against forum rules and probably against the terms of Solecord's server host.]
                  Last edited by Baker; 05-03-2011, 12:58 PM.
                  Rambo[RuM]
                  I support:
                  Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
                  Qrack - Thank You r00k
                  Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
                  Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

temping Mark to figure it out , eh Bo? ahaha

DO NOT POST LINKS, even broken ones OOF.
                    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

quick delete the entire thread

Comment

I've seen a lot of "where can i find pak1.pak for my psp".
                        Damn game costs $10 on steam! Yet they will spend $50 for golden compass
                        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Wow

Guys the quake 1 game is now a flash game on knogregate.com

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser64 View Post
                            Guys the quake 1 game is now a flash game on knogregate.com
                            Yeah, I found it

That's fun. Too bad it's not multiplayer capable through there with everything setup, haha, then that'd be illegal though right?
                            uakene.com

Comment

think its like 9.99$ on steam.

google steam if you donno what it is.

And if you bought it on steam your quake files are located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\quake

In older versions of windows other then vista/win7 and possibly in non-64bit versions of windows it'd just be Program files path, with same path to quake files.

I suggest just dragging the ID1 folder to a new folder somewhere on your drive and download either proquake, and extract it to the directory you moved id1 too, then just run glpro.exe and your good to go.

Or likewise with any other client, as all the game needs is the files in id1.

~Cheers... ps, it's cheaper on steam then id softwares site...

Comment

[QUOTE)9/11 has ruined these peoples' reputation.[/QUOTE]
                                Their Reputation was ruined LONG before 9/11. Its just sad that it took 9/11 to Wake up some Real Americans. Which in turn Destroyed the World's Economy.
                                And..Yes..
                                The Crosslightings also ruined the KKK's Reputation too.(That was Sarcasm)

Comment

Working...
                                X