No announcement yet.

Eyes Cheat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If someone were to try to pick a realistic middle ground, it would be full invisible always except during attack frames. Kinda like how on E1M3 the zombies don't notice you unless you attack.

Maybe this would be a fair trade-off? Another thought ...
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Last 2 thoughts are both interesting. Couldn't decide.. Make poll

Comment

Hi guys (and girls),
        I don't do the team game thing, but in a general sense perhaps we could take the view that Invisibility should mean full invisibility rather than just partial, at least for the player model. I'm not wishing to sound like surfer Girl here, but I have had similar experiences to MH in that there have been many times when I've had invis, was not firing or leaving any obvious clues to my location, and I'm left wondering "how the hell did they do that?" when players seem to be able to target and track 2 tiny eyeballs accurately in an instant from significant distances.

Any ordinance fired and muzzle flashes should be clearly visible and I agree with Pol's comment on the subject of leaving the sound on (Some mods turn it off when you're cloaked) as you have to give your opponent some realistic chance of nailing you. You never know, you may be able to make a feature of it and do something imaginative with the cloak/uncloak sequence. R00k's already made a start. With Rook AND Baker on the case I'm invisaging some "Predator" style creativity here ...move over James Cameron!

Kind regards

Monty
        Last edited by Mr.Burns; 10-23-2012, 01:45 AM.
        Mr.Burns
        "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
        WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
        Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
          Hi guys (and girls),
          I don't do the team game thing, but in a general sense perhaps we could take the view that Invisibility should mean full invisibility rather than just partial, at least for the player model. I'm not wishing to sound like surfer Girl here, but I have had similar experiences to MH in that there have been many times when I've had invis, was not firing or leaving any obvious clues to my location, and I'm left wondering "how the hell did they do that?" when players seem to be able to target and track 2 tiny eyeballs accurately in an instant from significant distances.

Any ordinance fired and muzzle flashes should be clearly visible and I agree with Pol's comment on the subject of leaving the sound on (Some mods turn it off when you're cloaked) as you have to give your opponent some realistic chance of nailing you. You never know, you may be able to make a feature of it and do something imaginative with the cloak/uncloak sequence. R00k's already made a start. With Rook AND Baker on the case I'm invisaging some "Predator" style creativity here ...move over James Cameron!

Kind regards

Monty
          Monty ,I connected to Shmack the other day and {DA}DOPA was already on the server with rune traps strung out all across the map everywhere , then he switched runes and found rune of invisibility when standing still....

Well I ran the entire start map like 7-10 times ATLEAST, looking looking and looking and never found him,although according him, I was right in top of him SEVERAL times and because he didn't move I never found him lol.

It also helps that I play with the entire game brightened up / im half ass blind.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

With your resolution I would have thought you could see the pores in his skin or the air vibrations caused by his spacial disturbance. That's it, I've been watching too much Star Trek
            Mr.Burns
            "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
            WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
            Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
              that and spread sg shots to see the blood, how about this: a full player model with animations but is 20% opaque, BUT doesnt carry a team color. so u have to think before u shoot...
              Somebody could hack the renderer and draw it opaque, change the skin, whatever. "No team colours" would only work for team games too.
              IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

The eye's not being there would completely suck for the 30 seconds or so that the "eyes" last.. That person would be like this movie i had seen a few years back (I do not remember the name of movie) but the guy was able to turn himself invisible and rape women... So yeah, we would get royally screwed without lube..

Comment

So where is the = medium? how about just SCALING the fn eyes down half / Make them bitches NAILS like Yugo2hecK did, to see the effect go to IHOC.clan-rum.org , then vote-dm6 ,pick up eyes and chase_active 1.

Or, watch this video (coming.......for everyone to see)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6LqPUuEyjY[/ame]

That nail is still epic IMO
                  Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 10-23-2012, 08:34 PM.
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

that nail is pretty awesome

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
                      that nail is pretty awesome
                      I also notice that it hug the ground lower than the normal eyes, yes?? that nail seemed like a fn midgit

Comment

Yes the nail is lower for sure. Pretty fn neat.

Comment

Working...
                        X