ProQuake 4.93 Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProQuake 4.93 Test

For anyone interested, can I get confirmation that the server browser works fine for a few different people:

http://quakeone.com/proquake/glpro493_betatest.zip

You press F5 or go to the Menu -> Multiplayer -> Join Game and it will display a list of servers.

I'd like to get confirmation that this been tried on a few different machines before doing an official release.

[Thanks for Spike for a trick he told me about last year that allows this to never interfere with a potential map download. i.e. Allows concurrent map download + server browser refresh, should that ever happen and eventually it would.]
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Awesome , I might switch from darkplaces to proquake!!!!

The server browser works - also the letters in console very crisp.

runing Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit.
    "

Comment

Originally posted by Perochi View Post
      Awesome , I might switch from darkplaces to proquake!!!!

The server browser works - also the letters in console very crisp.

Thanks for the quick feedback.

Note: Server browser refreshes in 80 second intervals upon re-entering the screen (i.e. pressing F5). One reason is that the server browser here refreshes every 60 seconds, so doing it faster wouldn't serve a purpose.

/Didn't know you used DarkPlaces.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Looks good!

Note: Server browser refreshes in 80 second intervals upon re-entering the screen (i.e. pressing F5). One reason is that the server browser here refreshes every 60 seconds, so doing it faster wouldn't serve a purpose.
        One thing you could do is add a test option to the highlighted server so the client would fetch realtime data from that server directly.
        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

where are the ctf servers?!
          Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

Originally posted by monoz View Post
            where are the ctf servers?!
            I see Zero CTF in the list. You have to scroll down. It only shows maybe 15 servers on the screen.

The server order is sorted by # players playing + geography (US then Europe then Brazil then anything else).

Comment

im getting out of handles error on trying to open :F eeeek
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                im getting out of handles error on trying to open :F eeeek
                What operating system precisely? Can I get the precise error message wording including the error messagebox title?

/Then will track this down + fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Perochi View Post
                  Awesome , ...The server browser works - also the letters in console very crisp.

Ditto for me over in England. Very clear and concise. It allowed me to connect straight away with no fuss or bother. Great work Baker

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
                  1Gb Ram
                  P4 2.66Ghz
                  Nvidia MX440
                  ..no giggling!

Kind regards

Monty
                  Mr.Burns
                  "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                  WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                  Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

@Burns: as ProQuake approaches 5.00, I'll add something somehow to allow Europeans or Brazilians (tryno, millie, mindium + co.) to have a different sort.

So here is a stupid "dumb American" question for you and the other Europeans:

I take it you guys aren't using US 101 keyboards, right? Even in Great Britain, because you have a pound sign on your keyboard? I know it seems like a dumb question, and I would think the answer is yes, but I'm asking because I don't completely know. /Yes, dumb naive American. Guilty as charged.

I'm thinking of auto-detecting the keyboard layout in Windows and using that to determine so there isn't a "setting" (you know I hate settings )

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                      @Burns: as ProQuake approaches 5.00, I'll add something somehow to allow Europeans or Brazilians (tryno, millie, mindium + co.) to have a different sort.

So here is a stupid "dumb American" question for you and the other Europeans:

I take it you guys aren't using US 101 keyboards, right? Even in Great Britain, because you have a pound sign on your keyboard? I know it seems like a dumb question, and I would think the answer is yes, but I'm asking because I don't completely know. /Yes, dumb naive American. Guilty as charged.
                      Heheh. I would never consider any of my American quake friends as dumb Americans. We all have our own different perspectives and areas of experience
                      Yes we have multiple keyboard types, mine looks a little like the layout attached and has a pound and dollar sign on it but no euro though probably due to its age. However, Peg, Jer, Pol, Dude, etc may have their own Belgian/Dutch mappings. Players like Forest and Confy may have Swedish mappings so it's a bit of a mish mash in some ways.
                      Originally posted by Baker View Post
                      I'm thinking of auto-detecting the keyboard layout in Windows and using that to determine so there isn't a "setting" (you know I hate settings )
                      Keeping it simple is often the best way.
                      I haven't had chance to ask them personally but in all probability I would go so far as to suggest they have probably all adapted to the US keyboard for Quake as I have over the years. So although it would probably be a little icing on the cake, I wouldn't worry too much

Kind regards

Monty
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Mr.Burns; 10-22-2012, 04:36 PM.
                      Mr.Burns
                      "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                      WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                      Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Fair enough. Will use said infos.

Comment

Did a quick test, server-browser appears to be working nicely, great work!

As for keyboard layout, I'm using a standard USA/International keyboard layout (never even seen a so called "Dutch" layout here in Holland). And, like Monty said, I think most people using some other weird keyboard layout have grown accustomed to mentally remapping it to the USA layout.. meaning they'd probably get mightily confused if the keyboard mapping suddenly changed

Comment

Good Job Baker , it works fine here.
                            System Pentium4 3400mhz on Windows XP 32bit.
                            The keyboard layout that I use is AZERTY Belgian dot.

Where is the client getting the serverlist from ? quakeone?
                            My servers for the gamers:
                            bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
                            port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
                            Offline ATM
                            fvf.servequake.com
                            flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
                            Offline ATM
                            newdm.servequake.com
                            port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
                            sigpic

Comment

thats all it says,

Quake Error (title of small window with X close button at top right)
                              inside window has Red&White circle X followed by text Out of Handles
                              and a OK button
                              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
                              X