WOW its been a long time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW its been a long time

This was the first real 1st person shooter that I played when I started playing pc games. My buddies and I are just getting back into it and have just loaded WINQUAKE onto our pc's. There is only one thing that I can't remember how to do (it may be a simple silly thing, but its driving me nuts) How do you use the Grappling Hook and were do you find it? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and the less bashing the better

The grappling hook is only available on servers or in mod, it isn't a standard Quake feature.

bind H +hook // replace h with the key you like

+hook works on quake.shmack.net, quake.ihoc.net, quake.intertex.net (CTF) and about every other server.

Also, if you don't have ProQuake you should get that:

ProQuake 3.50 EZ Installer

WinQuake/GLQuake have major issues on many broadband modems.

JoeQuake, QRack and DarkPlaces also work very well for internet play (although DarkPlaces requires a lot of configging at the moment).

QRack Screenshot:
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Kewl....thanks man.

Comment

actually....

You could download the 3wave moonstar grapling hook to have it in quake every time you load it, to use it in every level just as you'd use it on a 3wave server, by hitting the "1" key twice.

I still got it in my pak, forget the reason for keeping that though. Maybe it was for lanning before as i couldn't figure out back then anyways how to get a 3wave server setup for lan play.... so i guess we basically incorporated the moonstar 3wave hook into standard quake and just played dm maps, on the lan.

I really forget.

Comment

any chance you know were I can find a link for that?

Comment

Well I have default quake installed , went on shmack and pressed 1 key twice and that selects grappling hook.

bind "key" "+hook" is quicker imo.
            "

Comment

In 3wav CTF the hook impulse is 22...

bind "key" "impulse 22"

Comment

Working...
              X