Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What maps would you like to see in RQuake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What maps would you like to see in RQuake?

I will soon be adding more maps to my RQuake server @ coop.runequake.com:26003. What maps would you like to see? If possible with under 210 monsters.
    Last edited by RocketGuy; 06-16-2006, 11:37 AM.

Of the ones, I like: SM82 and Moonlight Assault if at all possible ... I heard LardArse had some ideas on how to make those work.

SM32, SM36 and any similar base maps.

ADD2 - A Desert Dusk2 would be cool.

If there were any way ... Lunarsp1 would be cool (it has a slime Chthon!) although the Mega Enforcers and Enforcer Commanders would have to be entity converted. But it might be tricky.

And maybe some investigation into Kona maps like UltraMarine.

Hexameron: Phase One would be nice.

And I can remember playing a big map remastered by aguirRe called Odyssey1. It was old skool, but it's large size and wide corridors make it ideal for coop. If I recall, it was pretty good on the monsters.

Many of the above maps mentioned might have a progs.dat, I know some of them do and hopefully it is just custom monsters for the most part.

These are just some different ideas. Might be better to listen to other's ideas than mine.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
      Of the ones, I like: SM82 and Moonlight Assault if at all possible ... I heard LardArse had some ideas on how to make those work.

SM32, SM36 and any similar base maps.

ADD2 - A Desert Dusk2 would be cool.

If there were any way ... Lunarsp1 would be cool (it has a slime Chthon!) although the Mega Enforcers and Enforcer Commanders would have to be entity converted. But it might be tricky.

And maybe some investigation into Kona maps like UltraMarine.

Hexameron: Phase One would be nice.

And I can remember playing a big map remastered by aguirRe called Odyssey1. It was old skool, but it's large size and wide corridors make it ideal for coop. If I recall, it was pretty good on the monsters.

Many of the above maps mentioned might have a progs.dat, I know some of them do and hopefully it is just custom monsters for the most part.

These are just some different ideas. Might be better to listen to other's ideas than mine.
      SM82: Working on it

SM36: Working on it

Moonlite Assault: I'll have a look...

ADD2: If it's anything like the first map, then no...

LunSP1: Doesn't feel like a very coop-friendly map. The enrforcer variants don't needentity converting, because they are just monster_enforcer with spawnflags set to 2 or 4. The hard part will be making the ending work, because the electrodes are very strange. (I will be looking at this problem for my own mod, eventually) I also think that the doors are locked behind you and that there's no way in after you die.

pbrsp1: I'd need to do an entity dump and/or decompile the progs.dat before I comment on this map. Although it's a nice map...

Odyssey1: You are bloody kidding, right?

Any other suggestions ould be welcomed. Preferably mentioning both the BSP name and the full name. Links to reviews and files would also be nice.
      16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
      16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

Originally posted by Lardarse
        Moonlite Assault: I'll have a look...
        Might be tough.

ADD2: If it's anything like the first map, then no...
        Hehe, you let an engine bug that's been fixed taint your memories ADD2 isn't as good as ADD, though.

LunSP1: Doesn't feel like a very coop-friendly map.
        Yeah, the greatness of some maps in single player doesn't necessarily translate into goodness in coop.

I figured that one might interest you because of the mega enforcers and some ideas I figured you had for a more interesting class of enforcers.

Odyssey1: You are bloody kidding, right?
        No, but you and RocketGuy include what you like. I think Quake is about more than Hall of Fame maps, but that's just me. Include what you guys feel fits your vision of what you'd like have in the next wave.

I have to admit I'm close to dry in map suggestions of ones I've actually played and can remember (that weren't so custom QuakeC'd like Necros's maps as to make it very difficult to consider).

I hope others can chime in with suggestions, 50-70 *more* map will be great, but also tough to identify -- at least to me because I'm almost out of ideas personally :d :d
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I also think that the doors are locked behind you and that there's no way in after you die.
          doors are the easiest thing to kill..

Comment

2 things:

1: pbrsp1 isn't easily doable, sorry. I scrolled through the entity list just now, adn I have no idea how to code half of thje evtra entities. Mega enforcers are the least of my worries for that map...

2: aguirRe - do you use IRC or any IM service ?
            16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
            16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

Originally posted by RocketGuy
              doors are the easiest thing to kill..

Comment

Lardarse: Nope, just send an email, you can find my address at Func_.

Comment

Working...
                X