A challange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A challange

something I tried and was able to do. on Episode 3 there is a level with 3 doors. ones a keyed door, one opens from Teleport, and one by switch, I did the level using only the Axe on Hard.

Time Record: (someone set it)

Level: The Tomb of Terror.
    (E3M3)
    Last edited by Quakeman224; 06-30-2007, 03:24 PM.

Sounds like a cool challenge. I'm sure I can do it in less than 1 minute in 3 or 4 tries.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

took me a while I first tried easy then normal, then hard and got the Record for hard. just took practice but I o find challanges. for people to try at least

Comment

I can't do it. The ogre @ the sng blocks me and the time I have to spend to kill him prevents me from completing it faster -- although on easy I bet I could do it very quickly.

/The SDA guys can do it super fast by having an Ogre's grenade knock them up to silver key within the first 7 seconds.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I lost interest. I'll try again later

Comment

I would like to know how to specify difficulty via console...

like, if I map e3m3 directly,what difficulty am I playing?I can rape that map with just an axe up until the last button.
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

skill 0 < - set to easy

1 = normal, 2 = hard, 3 = nightmare

Comment

I figured out how to set difficulty w/ map warping, but I find it hard to believe this map was played in 1minute 26seconds with just an axe, to reach red armour you need to use shotgun. A demo would had made this much more believable.

Not saying it cant be done,but judging from my attempts at dodging every enemy (which,I have done,but the last button says that this is impossible with just an axe)

I've tried varying combos,skipping Red Armour has become a garuntee,and skipping mega health @ knights room , hopping across lava area's while bridges are extending,and hopping past the area that causes the Fiend to spawn, I've dodged through the knight and ogre I've left sitting at spawn,and got past the 2 ogres at silver key area, and the knight at silver key,and got past the Fiend at silver key door , but when I make it to the last button area/door , there are 4-5 or more ogres , a knight,and those floaty som bitches that I hate with a passion. You'd spend over a minute alone killing the ogre's at last button unless you just totally luck up and can run by them,which in the 20 tries I just attempted, I made it to final button area like 5-6 times,and each time they was all staggered to where you cant just run by them.

I smell a hoax o_O
                I'll be amazed if I get to watch a demo of this at 1:26 with just an axe,and bow down in my unworthiness
                Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 06-28-2007, 11:32 PM.
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

My best record was 40 seconds when I opened the 2nd last door (the one that leads to the exit lava area) but then died because I had like 3 health. I know how to start the map out really fast but then it's all random when I get to those 4 death knights :/ I try to get an ogre to blast me across the huge lava pit.

Comment

That level is already annoying under normal circumstances, because you get blocked a lot in the narrow corridors by ogres and hell knights. You can't just hop past them.

I tried a few times and found it possible to reach the fiend reliably. I squeeze by the ogre at ra, probably kill the one at ng, lure the knights out of the corridor while grabbing the mega, taking the ledge past the zombies, lucking past the knight and ogre, possibly killing either, and jumping across lava. It got pretty annoying there because my YA was normally gone and my health worn down. I have a pretty short attention span, so I quit.

The SDA Nightmare run (28 seconds) uses the first ogre to blast himself up to the megahealth platform, then just takes the silver key route. There's some ogre luring at the end button while the scrags etc. infight.

With that trick he shortcuts the most annoying part of the level. A few people here might be able to do it, I kinda lost interest myself.

OP, demo please.

PS: That ogre grenade jump is ridiculously difficult, we'd probably need the grenade timer from QDQstats.
                    Last edited by golden_boy; 06-29-2007, 10:25 AM.
                    Scout's Journey
                    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

i did the level in 7.5 seconds. i started with only axe then i typed +god, give 7, give 8, give ammo, then roxed it. wtf owned?!@!

Comment

1. Advoid every attack, 2. u must have only a Axe, 3. It gets annoying at times but U just need to know ere all enemies are and megahealths are

Comment

Originally posted by Quakeman224 View Post
                          1. Advoid every attack
                          Hard to do in a corridor that's not wide enough for you and an ogre. =)

U just need to know ere all enemies are and megahealths are
                          Sounds like you could easily do it again. Why not record a demo while doing so. Perhaps we'd be more inclined to believe you then.

"record mydemo e3m3"
                          Scout's Journey
                          Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

hmm never knew u coulkd Fraps was what I used but keep glitching on Quake, ill try taht

Comment

I'll make a demo of what I can accomplish before the last button area,and I'm not lolligagging or fucking off either,it's straight speed dodging every enemy as quickly as possible,and maybe someone can openly debate whether this is truely possible based on my submission..

(opens quake)
                              (curses a few monsters)
                              (uploads : 1st Demo 2nd Demo )

For those getting stuck at MegaHealth room with 4 knights or stuck at Lava room, those demo's will help dramatically.

I ran timedemo on my two demo's first,and the first one was like , 57.4 seconds when I got stuck attempting to reach the blue key, the second one I got the blue key with a struggle from the 3 ogres and 1 knight at beginning room,just to get gayed by the spawning knight behind the Fiend.

I agree with Goldenboy , I would enjoy seeing this map ran in 2minutes flat allowing an extra 34 seconds of play time with just an axe,until then,this challenge is rigged,even with Baker's mentioning of using a Ogre's grenade to launch you up to the silver key area pre-maturely , it's still 99.9% impossible. I just ran the map in 1.01 minutes on easy difficulty , that demo is HERE

This is a fraud,wheres my pitchfork and who's got the torches,its angry mob time!
                              Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 06-29-2007, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X