X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best SP Map Pack

For you, which is the best Map Pack ever of Quake?? Thx
    sigpic

Soul of Evil and it's sequel, Indian Summer.

Though, WarpSpasm has HUGE HUGE levels, which are quite awesome.

Comment

Mod or "effort" wise, Nehahra and NSOE. Just look at their code O_o

Mapping or "feeling" wise, Zerstorer, Terra, OUM, Beyond Belief, Contract Revoked/Lost Chapters, Warpspasm and a couple others.

This question must have been asked 1000 times already, though

Play them all! I also suggest Ultimate DOOM (Thy Flesh Consumed) and DOOM megawads to very effectively waste your time (Alien Vendetta, Requiem, Darkening II), as well as Quake 2: The Reckoning (really good maps). The original Heretic and Hexen also have good maps.

And if you want to go there, my perennial non-FPS favourites are the first two Tomb Raider games (ignore the boobs) or just TR:Anniversary. Vagrant Story is the other one, but you'll need a psx emulator for that.
      Scout's Journey
      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Armagon- nuff said- it's too awesome to leave out (even though if there were any rules against official expansions).

-Q-Zone-

Looks horrible- plays brilliantly- new gun was brilliant and the new monsters were fun (especially the SNAPPER- nastiest boss ever- if I were to remake Vomitus- I'd stick the Snapper's code into him)

Whichever ones the Quoth/Contract-Revoked guys (Kell, Vondur and Necros esp) have made (not to mention Quoth)- seriously, forget the medals- they deserve a nobel PRIZE each. One of the only times custom monsters and guns have been so carefully refined (especially the Plasma Enforcers- by far the roughest enemies ever in a shooter lacking bot code. If anyone were to be given the right to make a sequel, it should DEFINITELY be these guys. Hell, even down to the balance between Hell/Lovecraft and pure sci-fi and fantasy feels right.

Insomnia-
        levels are both extremely huge AND rather well connected- secrets were awesome too.
        Check out my awesome Deviant art page!
        Quake fanart (obviously included)!

http://harry-the-fox.deviantart.com/

Comment

Thx a lot, now i loving quoth, good singleplayer gameplay and new monster :=)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alfader View Post
            Thx a lot, now i loving quoth, good singleplayer gameplay and new monster :=)
            No prob- it's a pity that they never actually put the various maps together to make a complete map pack- although if you browse around you can start a collection (Quaddicted is a good site)

Also, for aesthetics you might want to check out the various mappacks like Coagula (although keep in mind when you start each map you might as well type impulse 9 into the console- for some reason many of them have you against some pretty heavy monsters with only your single shotgun and less ammo than minimum to kill the monsters- which leads me to believe it's actually supposed to be a speed map (or of course the makers- ahem- have an interesting idea of challenge)

Also, for Quoth- You might like Stark Monstrosity, Skinny Norris and the Gloom Keep remake (e1m5).

Comment

Travail was a very nice SP map pack.
              I might even make my own soon in honor of the GOF(Gamers Outreach Foundation), a gaming charity organization I am part of, that hosts LAN events, food drives, and other charitable events for the homeless, and so forth. I have some pretty good ideas for a SP map pack that I never really got around time to soldifying due to the fact I am very busy with CS but hopefully I can find sometime to do so eventually.

Comment

That makes two of us!

I was also hoping to make my own map pack- hopefully with some new monsters and guns- sadly I have no clue how to make any of them....

And Travail wasn't bad either- the scrag boss was pretty spectacular (not to mention the gigalitres of blood and flesh in the levels)!

Comment

Working...
                X