Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the pak resting in "ne_ruins" subdir, I start it with

darkplaces.exe -game ne_ruins

Set skill X (0-3) from console (I cannot recommend anything higher than 1 or so, it's really no walk in the park), then "Start Game".

My rig:
    Intel Core i7/920 @2.67 GHz
    3GB RAM
    Win7 Ultimate
    nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti (1GB)

There are areas which sometimes slow down near the FPS threshold to laggyness, but in general it remains playable with realtime shadows. Basically my settings are 1920x1200 res with full detail, 8xAA, 16xAF, HDR bloom, textures from QRP 1.0 and skins from Quake Reforged (Ultimate versions). The only place FPS really dropped was near the end when you collect the rune near the lava fall, the particle effects are real murder...

Darkplaces produces a few error messages while playing through the map, mostly due to the missing fog effects, but it ran stable and remained playable from the beginning till the end. I am using a DP autobuild from June 28.
    Last edited by NightFright; 07-01-2011, 02:01 AM.
    Authentic Models Pack
    OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
    LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

I have not finished yet but I am very happy with this.

These last 2 I shot with Fitzquake

My init -game ruins -zone 2048 -mem 256
      Last edited by bluntz; 07-01-2011, 10:51 AM.
      WARNING
      May be too intense for some viewers.
      Stress Relief Device
      ....BANG HEAD HERE....
      ---------------------------
      .--------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by NightFright
        The only place FPS really dropped was near the end when you collect the rune near the lava fall, the particle effects are real murder...
        Yeh, there my fps dropped to 20 with rtworld deactivated..
        200 años de mi querido PARAGUAY
        14/05/1811

Comment

HD-Fluids WiP

I love this Mod

WiP Link!
          Last edited by webangel; 07-01-2011, 01:58 PM.

Comment

ungibbed zombies look funny when they're "dead" dead

http://bit.ly/dead_zombie

Comment

I'm a little late to see this, but playing through this was one of the best things I've played for Quake in a long time. Felt like a minisode for Nehahra or something.

That key door surprised me in the beginning, how the hell did he make a door you can push, almost like it has physics(or does it)?

I would love to be able to use something like that in a map.

Also, anyone notice this map's layout seemed to be directly based off of Oblivion's Ayleid Ruins?

Comment

Yes, you're right about the door at the beggining.. There are many things I'd like to implement into the original Quake like Nehahra's enemies AI..
                14/05/1811

Comment

How I do the installation to play it with darkplaces?

I don't understand this:
                  "run quake with: -zone 2048 -heapsize 192000 -game ne_ruins"

:c

My directory
                  Last edited by Arioch; 08-04-2011, 07:07 PM.
                  Sorry if my english isn't clear, is not my native languaje.

Comment

After looking at Arioch's profile, he seems to be from chile.. So I'll reply him in spanish cos it's a little hard to me.. ^^'

1) Crea un acceso directo a darkplaces / Create a darkplaces shortcut.
                    2) Abre las propiedades del mismo y en la casilla "Destino" le agregas "-game ne_ruins" para que te quede asi: 'darkplaces.exe" -game ne_ruins' / Open the shortcut's properties and on the "Destiny" box add "-game ne_ruins" so you'll have this: 'darkplaces.exe" -game ne_ruins'.
                    3) Accept and play.

And that's all I think..
                    14/05/1811

Comment

I've tried that before, but for some strange reason, it doesn't work. And now works perfectly...

Yes, I'm from Chile / GRACIAS

Comment

Enjoy this wonderful mod!
                        14/05/1811

Comment

Try this attachment, put in the same folder as darkplaces.exe
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks to both.

Comment

Originally posted by OoPpEe View Post
                              Try this attachment, put in the same folder as darkplaces.exe
                              What is it for OoPpEe? :/
                              14/05/1811

Comment

This mod is awesome. Level architecture, textures, and the new monsters are fantastic! Love these weird girls which dissapear in a vortex on the floor after being killed.

I have one problem though. When I leave the dungeon with the evelator, I reach the mid-boss who stands on the frozen lake - please see the pic below which I copied from NightFright's post.

What happens as soon as I drop down to the floor is this: the knight in the crystal fades away and is simply gone. And I am stuck! I.e. there is nothing where I can go from there.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

I start the game like this (from Cygwin in Win 7):

Code:
                                 ./darkplaces -width 1600 -height 900 -fullscreen -zone 2048 -heapsize 192000 -game ne_ruins
                                ...and the version of Altar of Storms which I have is from ne_ruins.zip - The Altar of Storms by necros in the Quake map archive at Quaddicted.com

Any help much appreciated, would love to play this to the end!

P.S.: that little door in the beginning made me do a double take as well

Originally posted by NightFright View Post
                                Last edited by Mike_Tyson; 06-23-2012, 10:40 PM. Reason: typos
                                The more they [computers] know, the slower they get — as opposed to the human mind, which has the opposite property. David W. Hillis

Comment

Working...
                                X