royal butt kicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• royal butt kicking

just got my butt kicked by rambo on shmack rune quake server. grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i guess i need more practice to stand a chance.
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Nope, you are screwed. You will never stand a chance against those guys. Wear your 600 deaths and 2 (accidental) kills like a man and get used to it.

Michael
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Nah you were fine...One thing i would stress is to get armor and weapons before fighting, shotgun doesnt stand much change against 100h/200a and lg+rl
      Rambo[RuM]
      I support:
      Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
      Qrack - Thank You r00k
      Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
      Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

In situations where weapons and ammo are always limited, I tend to play very defensively (When I'm not messing around) and stay as far away from better players until you know you have the upper hand.

However in RuneQuake it's more about chance,luck or spam to get kills so there's no real strat type I can offer specifically for runequake other then don't play RuneQuake to much or you will form a crutch.

If you think RuneQuakers are good you should see the ClanArena and Deathmatch players They'll make almost any runequaker look like a 1st week noob.
        QuakeOne.com
        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
        Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
        Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Phenom is a newb.

Comment

i find myself comfortable in rq only when i have the 666 health rune
            My Avatars!
            Quake Leagues
            Quake 1.5!!!
            Definitive HD Quake

Comment

the rune of health fn rocks (666 health), but rune of ARMOR is even better
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Hey I've stepped into CA once or twice and done halfway decently

I do get my ass handed to me by rambo though. =(

Comment

i remember last year i met this one guy i would lan with alot, and he was a beast at rocket arena. i had played quake for over a year, this kid just starts playing and rips me to shreads. i had to use all of my self controll not to rage quit.

anyway, how did most of you learn your methods. did you emulate better players, watch demos, or what?
                  My Avatars!
                  Quake Leagues
                  Quake 1.5!!!
                  Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                    the rune of health fn rocks (666 health), but rune of ARMOR is even better
                    Sure, until someone hits you with piercing... health is better.
                    e|------------------------0---------------
                    B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                    G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                    D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                    A|---------------0------------------------
                    E|----------------------------------------

Comment

CAx and DM? Ha. CTF players are the true champs.

Comment

Originally posted by Death Knight View Post
                        CAx and DM? Ha. CTF players are the true champs.
                        I disagree fully. You can hook all you want and run. Loose that hook and lets play ctf. I cant hook. When i play ctf im always defending and rarely let the flag get out of base. Hooking is a self taught skill for sure. But a true ground battle is iminent and is a true way to test your skills.

Comment

i think each mod requires a ceirtan skill, so some players can be good at ctf and suck at dm. is there one game type that can settle who is the best? speaking of it, why does it matter if you are the best? with the shrunken q1 community as it is, you don't have many people to gloat at. hehe.
                          My Avatars!
                          Quake Leagues
                          Quake 1.5!!!
                          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Working...
                          X