No announcement yet.

Suggestions for Improving Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the second one the best. Nice bloody shambler clawz...

Comment

Yellow, do you still have that shambler image all by iteself (without the QuakeOne words on top of it)?? I like the Shamby too We should make several different sizes... some the "standard" sizes like 468x60, 88x31, 120x60... then do whatever else. We'll have to add a page to house all the images so people can easily find them.

Comment

Stickies.............

For topics your waiting on answers for? Like the Slogan area that I have now lost.. This leaves this question at the top and you can unstickie it when it's done? Or use the stickies on Quake Central for changes to the board etc. Those should perhaps be locked?
        www.Net-Tyme.com
        Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
        Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

i want a fast reply box..
          one quake to rule them all.

Comment

Yeah, lol you always have to wait 5 seconds before it pops up. Same thing with submitting.

Comment

It would be nice if you allowed quakers to download files off your site ie from glquake.exe to glqrack.exe rather than going to file planet etc.....

I find there are so many maps and engines around for quake1 it must be hard for a noob to know whats what...

Seeing as quake is almost free maybe you could have all the latest tested files in your files section.

start with official patches to winquake/glquake and then qrack and joe quake etc, and then a seperate folder for map packs and even members home made maps.

Also i have noticed that no where on this site does it answer the big question " how to run quake on xp " this was very confusing for me at first back in 2002, a clear guide is needed to keep quake1 alive and not full of oap's.:d
              amd 3200 2.2ghz
              2Gb corsair ddr400
              nvidia 6200 256Mb
              audigy 2 zs
              vista ultimate
              and not a bean to my name

Comment

Hey steve nice change to the PM messages!

Come visit us: www.etfellowship.com

Comment

Quake doesn't work on xp? Mine worked first time apart from that glide thing which I just deleted and it worked. Have you tried right clicking the .exe to load game and setting compatibility mode?

Maybe im just cool like this fellow http://youtube.com/watch?v=OkWOR29hmUw

Hmm im thinking maybe I could get some hosting for quake files (damn www.quakefiles.com is q3a), how much space and bandwidth do you reckon it would be? Maps/mods/patches/engines etcetc

Comment

Think of it from a noobs point of view, insert quake disk into drive,install, double click on quake.exe and hey presto nothing happens.
                    amd 3200 2.2ghz
                    2Gb corsair ddr400
                    nvidia 6200 256Mb
                    audigy 2 zs
                    vista ultimate

Comment

Edited my post while you were posting your msg it seems :p

Anyway try installing service pack 2 for windows (dunno if that makes a difference but its what im using), Also download the latest glquake and/or quake engines like fitzquake ( http://www.celephais.net/fitzquake/ ). Try also right clicking the exe and setting compatibility mode.

Think theres a patch for quake also but I've never installed it.

Comment

Quake is a dos based program and xp is a dos free zone, quake alone requires a patch or 3rd party softwhere to run, easyly done if you are computer lit, but it's not in black and white anywhere.......

By the way i have tried xp corp 2001 to xp pro sp2 when quake is installed by default it will not run on it's own.
                        amd 3200 2.2ghz
                        2Gb corsair ddr400
                        nvidia 6200 256Mb
                        audigy 2 zs
                        vista ultimate

Comment

Originally posted by Gib
                          Quake doesn't work on xp? Mine worked first time apart from that glide thing which I just deleted and it worked.
                          Ya, for me at least, if you stick your Quake CD in a drive on an XP machine and try to install the game it won't work.

Comment

Doh! I thought you were asking how to do it. I was posting here pretty much from within the first couple of minutes when I woke up

I think the reason mine worked was because I downloaded it, I did buy quake original sometime ago along with the aftermath toolbox but no idea where the cd is.

Comment

How often does the server list update? I'm currently on it!

RQ Practice Mode 00/08

Comment

Every 5 minutes. We picked that time because if we set it for every minute or even real time (anytime you refresh the page) we thought it could end up bogging the server down as the site grew. Figured it'd be better if people adjusted to the every 5 minute update from the beginning rather than having to change it to 5 minutes later on as the site grew.

The actual server listing page I'm working on will either be real time or every 1 minute.

Comment

Working...
                                X