Quake HD Ultra Quality Sound Pack Remastered 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake HD Ultra Quality Sound Pack Remastered 2012

The Quake HD Ultra Quality Sound Pack Remastered 2012 pack is a project to finally introduce the world to a better and improved aural experience in Quake. Quake came out in 1996, 12 years ago. Back then computers used much inferior sound hardware from what we have today. The Soundblaster could only playback 11kHz sounds, so that was what id Software used for the game sounds of Quake. The soundtrack on the other hand was released on CD, so they could use 44.1kHz for it. However, 16 years ago CD audio was still in its early days, sound engineers vastly improved the capatibility of audio hardware and especially CD mastering mechanisms. So, just like the game sounds, the Quake soundtrack leaves a lot to be desired for the audiophile's ears.

As a connoisseur of audio architecture and aural design I decided to remaster all the sounds of Quake to give the world an experience like id Software would have released, if only they had the technical options back then.
    Quake HD Ultra Quality Sound Pack Remastered 2012 - Quaddicted.com

Last edited by Spirit; 04-01-2012, 03:55 AM.
    Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

...Sound Pack Remastered 2012 pack is a project to finally introduce the world to a better and improved aural experience in Quake. Quake came out in 1996, 12 years ago.

Comment

whoopsie, fixed!

Comment

nice one...
        Last edited by _Smith_; 04-01-2012, 10:37 AM.
        Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

blah
          Rambo[RuM]
          I support:
          Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
          Qrack - Thank You r00k
          Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
          Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

not bad, makes a lot of sounds sound a lot more clear,
            and not so dim and hollow like the originals did

(PS you fixed it on the quaddicted site but you forgot to also fix how many years ago it says quake was made in the quote )
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Nice thank you. Look forward to seeing (hearing) this in combination with that new map from CZG in darkplaces in Cooperative mode. I just might make a movie out of it.
              Originally posted by Magnus
              Apology accepted.

Comment

I keep getting an error when trying to download from Quaddicted???

Comment

How did you get the uncompressed source audio?

EDIT: You bastard!
                  Last edited by KillPixel; 04-02-2012, 07:32 AM.
                  www.youtube.com/user/KillPixel

Comment

It was the best piece I've red yesterday, thanks
                    Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

Yeah, April Fool.

Comment

Originally posted by turtlevan View Post
                        Look forward to seeing (hearing) this in combination with that new map from CZG in darkplaces in Cooperative mode.
                        wanna play that new CZG map together with me in coop?
                        im a huge fan of coop myself and would love to play that map in coop

if so, send me a pm when you'd like to play together and
                        wether you wanna be host or want me to host the game
                        Last edited by talisa; 04-02-2012, 10:53 AM.
                        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

A pity actually, I thought you guys were able to "pull a Per Kristian" and do the same with highres sounds he did for Doom over at Quake. Maybe it will happen eventually, anyway.
                          Authentic Models Pack
                          OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
                          LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

yeah i thought the same when spirit said it was a april fools joke
                            i was excited too myself about the fact someone had redone all the quake sounds like per kristian did for doom,

its truely a pity it was just some lame april fools joke

Comment

Well, actually. This is not that far from all the tasteless retexturing, remodeling and ADD EFFECTS EVERYWHERE stuff that people do on these forums. So feel welcome to continue using it. It is louder and new so it is better by definition. )

Comment

Working...
                              X