Arcane Dimensions -HD overhaul-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah guess so, its an official map that is just not finished yet
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

just thought id let you all know i started on HD-ifying Pulsar & EricW's 'Terror Fuma'

ive currently finished 81 textures, which is 28% (280 textures total)

the base theme isnt exactly my favourite & it'll involve lots of copy&paste (which also isnt that fun) to do the 'speedy' texture-set,
      but i really enjoyed terror fuma and want to fancify the map with some lovely HD-textures
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
        just thought id let you all know i started on HD-ifying Pulsar & EricW's 'Terror Fuma'

ive currently finished 81 textures, which is 28% (280 textures total)

the base theme isnt exactly my favourite & it'll involve lots of copy&paste (which also isnt that fun) to do the 'speedy' texture-set,
        but i really enjoyed terror fuma and want to fancify the map with some lovely HD-textures
        Perhaps this is a stupid question, but I think for the AoP texture pack someone used a script to point AoP texture names back to ID1 textures. So if you were using a HD texture pack for ID1, you were covered. For some of the larger AD texture packs, are you ever just reusing ID1 HD textures and renaming them? If so, would it make sense to perhaps copy the method used in the AoP pack?

Comment

any ID1 textures used in AD maps just use the original names, so there is no need to use scripts.

i meant copy&paste work as in a lot of the textures being simple edits of the ID1 textures

like this one, which is slipside, sfloor4_6, mmetal1_2 & metal1_3 slapped together in a single texture
          Last edited by talisa; 02-12-2017, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Wow even Terror Fuma! I'll upload AD_Sepulcher and AD_Scastle very soon, maybe today
            Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Vengeance View Post
              Wow even Terror Fuma!
              yus

am currently up to 125 out of 280 textures done

so much f-ing variations of combinations of the same bunch of textures....
              whyyyyy, would it really be soooo much work to just use these textures seperately
              that it was neccesary to copy&paste all those textures together into special "combination-textures"? -___-

seriously.... 90% of work done so far was just copying&pasting 2 or more textures together to create yet another one of those 'combination'-textures

i mean... i guess it makes work fast-ish.... but its not exactly fun to copy&paste the same bunch of textures together over & over with minor variations
              Last edited by talisa; 02-12-2017, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Here's download link for Nyarlatothep's Sand Castle by Sock:
                https://www.dropbox.com/s/kiez2va2f6..._v1.0.pk3?dl=0

more screenshots at: AD Nyarlatothep's Sand Castle - Album on Imgur

Tomorrow will be the turn of AD_Sepulcher
                Make Quake Great Again

Comment

@BV
                  added it to the list

Comment

AD - also short for "Awesomely Done!"

Comment

• And here's AD Sepulcher texture pack:
                      https://www.dropbox.com/s/yr0ssuppry..._v1.0.pk3?dl=0

more screenshots at: AD Sepulcher - Album on Imgur
                      Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                        any ID1 textures used in AD maps just use the original names, so there is no need to use scripts.
                        Good to know. I wasn't sure.

I know that AD replaces ammo and health boxes, weapons, etc.

Is it possible with a script to redirect AD to use the original ID1 models/textures for those where applicable?

Comment

• allow me to direct you to where i already answered this exact same question about ammo&health before
                          http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post173099

TL;DR : all available ammo & health models would have to be modified to fix the models to be center-aligned

also, afaik darkplaces does not support any external method for redirecting the engine to use different models in place of other models

Comment

• am currently up to 165 textures done for terror fuma

just need to do all the crates, some panels and a handfull more wall-textures.

and then all the different console-screens with different messages on them,
                            which are litterally 88 variations of the exact same two consoles.....

goodies.... so much slightly-different versions of the exact same two textures

Comment

• That must be absolutely boring
                              Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• work on terror fuma HD continues.....

i finishes all other textures except for the consoles,
                                and i started on doing all the different console-variations.....

so far ive finished about 1/3th of all consoles.

i also still need to do the texture for the truck

Comment

Working...
                                X