Custom Monster Skins Redone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Monster Skins Redone

Gunter from fvf.servequake.com has been taking OgrO's Tenebrae custom monster skins and is making them Qrack/Joequake compatible. He's made a lot of edits so they don't stray too far away from the original monster look.

You can find the dicussion of these skins here.

Question for Scarethreecrow and Sajt. Is there a way to use these skins in Darkplaces?

Put it in c:\quake\id1\progs and name it ogre.mdl_0.tga or ogre.mdl_0.png and it should work.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I might add, I've used OgrO's ogre skin in JoeQuake long ago ... and deleted it because it made the Ogre's look non-manly to me.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
        I might add, I've used OgrO's ogre skin in JoeQuake long ago ... and deleted it because it made the Ogre's look non-manly to me.
        OgrO's monster pack comprises of alternative monster skins. Each skin has 3 files which all 3 are used in Tenebrae. Qrack and Joequake can only read 1 file. If you're only using the 1 file then you don't get all the details. What Gunter is doing is mixing all 3 files togethor to make it 1 file readable for joequake and qrack. I know he's not the first to do this to one of OgrO's skins but hot damn he's the first to do EVERY MONSTER! We should thank him for his efforts, he's still updating the skins to make them more Quakelike.

Comment

Ah, ok. I get it.

Anything for Quake is always a good effort. But I still think that OgrO's Ogre skin makes him look too "smooth" or metrosexual or whatever for an Ogre.

Comment

I agree, I like the first OgrO Ogre version better. Gunter supplied both versions in the zip file.

Comment

If you feel like modifing the looks then you should try Morphed's textures too:
              http://www.quaddicted.com/content/view/303/57/
              Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

very nice

Comment

C*S: the original Ogro skins (with normalmap etc.) are usable in darkplaces. I don't like them though. Ogro's skins are just meh, and all the other ones just look like the original skins with an emboss filter or contrast boost. I use the original skins.

Comment

Message from Gunter at the FvF Forums.

Originally posted by Gunter
                    By the way, these aren't simply OgrO's textures blended together; in many cases, I also blended in the original Quake monster texture to get it to look right. Also, special attention and extra editing was used to fix certain areas.

So basically, most of the monsters (though some more than others) no longer look quite like OgrO's (and Qrack could never render them as Tenebrae does anyway). So if anyone thinks they've seen these monsters before, well, that's impossible... because there have never been monster textures quite like these before.

Comment

I GIMPed the zombie skins so the bones aren't so WHITE. I'm just posting them here in case anyone wanted to use them.

Reason I did this was because it always bothered me how everything is dark in quake but the bones were REALLY BRIGHT white which kinda pissed me off at times. So now I fixed them to my liking.

Before:

After:

cheers

Comment

Cool...

Comment

Cool...

Comment

Neat...
                            QuakeOne.com
                            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack