DirectEngines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DirectFuh
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
      Cool.

You mind if I put this on my site (with full credit given), just to keep them all together?
      IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mhquake View Post
        Cool.

You mind if I put this on my site (with full credit given), just to keep them all together?
        Of course

Note: I actually included the DirectX 8.1 SDK includes and lib folders. That way you don't have to seek out and install the 120 MB behemoth Microsoft DirectX SDK 8.1 EXE
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

The only error DirectR00k gives me is VID_Restart: wglMakeCurrent failed with error 0. It works starting up without a cfg but vid_restart is creating this error after the second boot. Much like alt-tab.
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

DirectFUH?! woooooo Fuhquake was the catalyst for my reintroduction to quake!
            schweeeeeeeeeeet.

libpng.dll not found : (
            Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

You need to download the full FuhQuake installer pack from somewhere like Quaddicted first.

That DirectRook I sent is very incomplete, by the way. You should be seeing a DirectFitz over the next few days which shows the proper way to do a vid_restart. QRack is going to require a little bit more work.

Comment

DirectTonik (Zquake) seems to be a failure at least at this point.

Get an all white screen? If you press ESC you can hear the menu.

The nice feature of ZQuake is the actually fully working NetQuake progs compatbility. It is very well written and allows you to play virtually anything NQ in Quakeworld. And ZQuake is a conservative QW engine but underneath isn't (vwep support, for instance).

May make a second run at it sometime, but for now I'm going to put that at the bottom of my long queue of projects. Damn

Comment

Lemme have a look at what I can do.

Sorted.

I should have given you a heads-up about that bindTexFunc thing. You need to #ifndef the whole CheckTextureExtensions function, then use something like this in GL_Bind:
                  Code:
                  void GL_Bind (int texnum)
                  {
                  	extern int char_textures[1];

if (gl_nobind.value)
                  		texnum = char_textures[0];
                  	if (currenttexture == texnum)
                  		return;
                  	currenttexture = texnum;
                  #ifdef _WIN32
                  #ifdef USEFAKEGL
                  	glBindTexture (GL_TEXTURE_2D, texnum);
                  #else
                  	bindTexFunc (GL_TEXTURE_2D, texnum);
                  #endif
                  #else
                  #endif
                  }
                  Last edited by MH; 12-17-2009, 01:05 PM.

Comment

OK, I finished and released it.

Direct3D 8 Quake - brought to you by MH

Comment

Originally posted by mhquake View Post
                      Lemme have a look at what I can do.

Sorted.

I should have given you a heads-up about that bindTexFunc thing. You need to #ifndef the whole CheckTextureExtensions function, then use something like this in GL_Bind:
                      Code:
                      void GL_Bind (int texnum)
                      {
                      	extern int char_textures[1];

if (gl_nobind.value)
                      		texnum = char_textures[0];
                      	if (currenttexture == texnum)
                      		return;
                      	currenttexture = texnum;
                      #ifdef _WIN32
                      #ifdef USEFAKEGL
                      #else
                      	bindTexFunc (GL_TEXTURE_2D, texnum);
                      #endif
                      #else
                      #endif
                      }
                      Damn, I knew that. I guess since I had just done FuhQuake I didn't have that issue on my mind.

Anyway, awesome!

Comment

DirectFitz has just been released. There's also an updated version of the D3D wrapper available: this one will create a stencil buffer if you request it via your pixel format (I haven't done full-on stencil buffer support yet).

Comment

Working...
                        X