wqpro not save resolution settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wqpro not save resolution settings

Hi all. I am using wqpro and it does not save my resolution settings so I must set it up every time when I launch the game. Default resolution is 320x200.
    I edited config.cfg strings but it does not helps.
    Code:
    vid_config_x "1024" vid_config_y "768"
    Also I configured batch file to start quake.
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\daemon.exe" -mount 0, "D:\Quake\Winquake.cue"
    "C:\Program Files\Quake\wqpro399" -width 1024 -height 768 -conwidth 512 -conheight 384 %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
    But still no result.
    Please help Me out.
    And I interested if its possible to run wqpro not it 1024x768 but in widescreen 1280x800 mode.

I am attached my config.cfg file zipped.
    Attached Files

I dont think winquake works with -width and -height parameters, you have to do it in video options in-game
    e|------------------------0---------------
    B|---------------0^1----------------1----
    G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
    D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
    A|---------------0------------------------
    E|----------------------------------------

Comment

You pretty much have to go into options and then select a resolution, switch it and then press "D" to default the resolution for WinQuake to properly save the resolution.

You can add +"vid_mode 3" to your command line, obviously substituting the 3 with whatever mode # but you have so little change of knowing the mode number in advance unless you are willing to play around with different numbers.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

vid_config_x and vid_config_y are actually used for the position of the window on-screen (when running in windowed mode); they have nothing to do with resolution.
        IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
          You pretty much have to go into options and then select a resolution, switch it and then press "D" to default the resolution for WinQuake to properly save the resolution.
          Thank you, its helps. But the game not really stable.

May be there is any else Quake modifications that allows to run the game in original software mode (not OpenGL or D3D) and without any additional effects (or they can be turned off)?

Comment

joequake
            e|------------------------0---------------
            B|---------------0^1----------------1----
            G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
            D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
            A|---------------0------------------------
            E|----------------------------------------

Comment

If you just don't want the washed out glquake looks and therefore use software rendered Quake, I suggest you do give Fitzquake a try. It looks much like good old software Quake. To get sharp textures like in software put "gl_texturemode GL_NEAREST_MIPMAP_LINEAR" into your autoexec.cfg. For square particles use "r_particles 2".

Or is there any other reason why you want software rendering?
              Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Just software rendering looks more pleasant for me. Now playing Joequake and its runs well. Thank you guys.

Comment

Working...
                X