Ravages Of Apocalypse Conversion Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ravages Of Apocalypse Conversion Help

I know this isn't the most respected Quake conversion but I just discovered it and it looked so bizarre I had to try it, especially since it's freeware now. After a lot of trial and error I finally got it started up with darkplaces, unfortunately it's like the keys aren't configured or something. I'm at the main menu but unable to click on any of the options so I can't start the game. The arrow keys and F1-10 keys work properly, but it seems like the enter button isn't assigned and I can't figure out how to assign it. I'm not a veteran Quake 1 player (got into the series with Quake III) so this is all kind of new to me, if anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it. I wanna shoot Wolverine in the face.

Thanks.

UPDATE: I tested playing regular Quake 1 as well and I'm experiencing the same exact issue. Hopefully this will help diagnose the problem.

Comment

Remove the cfg files in quake/id1 and try again.
      Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Thanks for the response Spirit. I removed the cfg file from the id1 folder, still having the same problem. I did notice one difference in Quake after doing this. When the cfg file was in the id1 folder, the demo at the beginning of Quake was all zoomed in, after removing the file, it displayed correctly. Not sure if that helps. I also noticed in the console for the X-Men game it said no joystick detected, I don't know if that's normal or not.

Comment

Working...
        X