No announcement yet.

CAX won't rotate to q3dm6qw!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rook how many levels can I add to the crctf mod. More than 9?
    Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

10 custom maps, but I can add more if you want...
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I am still unable to get q1edge,aerowalk,q3dm6qw into the map rotation.

I place the catools.exe inside the caplus (CAX) folder, edit the user.cfg and add the maps I want added, then I upload the new progs.dat and restart the server with no luck. Any suggestions?

I'm trying to get a simple map rotation of 4 maps setup on Bomber,

dm3 (Yes I said it.)
        q1edge
        qwdm6qw
        dm6

But it seems even if I modify the levels.cfg to reflect this new levels list, CAX still holds ALL the old maps in the list and disregards any changed made to the levels.cfg!?

Its like CAX has a mind of its own

Help us R00k!
        Last edited by Phenom; 05-01-2011, 02:42 PM.
        QuakeOne.com
        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
        Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
        Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Maps to be in the map-cycle must be in the warp menu. You might have the levels.cfg in the wrong folder? Without levels.cfg CAx wil just keep cycling the same map.
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
            Maps to be in the map-cycle must be in the warp menu. You might have the levels.cfg in the wrong folder? Without levels.cfg CAx wil just keep cycling the same map.
            how do I edit(add to) the warp menu? The levels.cfg is in the mod folder, I don't see what or where I'm doing something wrong here.

You're our only hope!
            QuakeOne.com
            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
            Great Quake engine

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              I'm trying to get a simple map rotation of 4 maps setup on Bomber,

dm3 (Yes I said it.)
              q1edge
              qwdm6qw
              dm6

I would humbly like to request

A2
              Sanity
              Dm3again
              Q1Edge
              QwDm6Qw
              DM6ISH
              there are 4 other maps I dont know the names of, that I think fn rock, but honestly I think a complete-map rotation would be best, and server-see's 4 players, loading small map. like shmack has..... CAx on RAGE gets played nonstop because we get that newmap rotation without the bs. Some of bomber's maps are just crazy, I really would enjoy seeing the entire CAx mappack in its original form get rotated.

I really dig the ones that rotate on RAGE currently in the Sanity rotation set.So does MrsMindz.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Mindz, I like your line up however I'm wanting to keep the line-up to a maximum of at most 5 maps in rotation and no less then 4. I feel this will let people associate themselves very easily with the maps in rotation and still give something fresh which doesn't have to be "asked for".
                QuakeOne.com
                Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                Great Quake engine

Comment

Yes. Another major problem with playing on RAGE, when rotating newmaps are functioning , only two teams are availible.

3teams would be awesome,as it caters to the always persistant uneven teams, like 2v2v1 or 3v3v1
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I have chosen a final map rotation for Bomber. It goes as follows in this order.

dm3again
                    q3dm6qw
                    sanity
                    q1edge
                    a2

4 teams currently in match mode

Practice Mode has a FRAGLIMIT of 20 with a TIMELIMIT of 25/mins.

Mindz you got a moment to help me test fraglimit in Pmode? (Or anyone reading this?
                    QuakeOne.com
                    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                    Great Quake engine

Comment

Working...
                    X