No announcement yet.

ProQuake 3.99z w/map download and server browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First post! I just found out about this place this weekend. Quake was definately my all-time favorite online game. Good to see it's being updated.

About 3.99z... I downloaded shareware Quake, and Proquake 3.99s. Played some of the first episode, and GL and D3D ran and look great. I was trying to find out how to play a few games online, and found 3.99z (In-game server browsing!). But I can't run the GL or D3D versions because I only have Quake Shareware! WinQuakePro doesn't seem to have the browser.

Just thought I'd point out that I'd like to try a few games online using the GL or D3D version before I think about buying Quake again (I don't have my CD anymore). Other people may feel the same. Having a GL or D3D version of ProQuake that can run with the Shareware version is probably a good idea. I wouldn't mind only playing the episode 1 and downloadable maps, and sitting out for the rest. At least it would give me the chance to try it!

Comment

ive been trying out wqpro399. it works good except for when i alt-tab out and come back in, then the sound will be all distorted and staticy. I exit it then restart it, it comes back even worse, sounds like ocean waves except really loud and full of static.

this doesnt happen with glpro. wqpro350 did the same thing with the weird sound. normal winquake (i used aguirre's version) doesn't do this either.

any ideas?

Comment

hmm.. nevermind, i put -nocdaudio in the command line and it seems to be gone for now. i can alt-tab out without it messing up. i'll see if i happens again

Comment

Is there a way to connect to local network servers with wqpro399?? I tried using wqpro399 at school to play some LAN, but i couldn't connect. There was no local server browser like normal winquake and when i typed "connect claya03" (thats the hostname) I get some connect failed error. I can do "connect claya03" with normal winquake and it'll connect to the LAN server fine.

im startin to like winquake better than glquake, it just seems much smoother even though it reports the same FPS

i'm still getting that weird sound problem. I exit out and come back in, but its still staticy. I was just playing fine a couple minutes ago, but now sound is messed up again.

Comment

Try connecting by ip address? Or maybe, because it's a large network, you need the full computer name. But IP address is probably easier...
            16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
            16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

hm, weird, i tried it again today with connect "claya03" and it worked. Only thing was it was really laggy and i noticed ping spikes. Winquake is just normal and smooth LAN.

I get that "mapget" error that peg got when i go to the server list and it loads. Maybe my school firewall is blocking the site that it gets the servers from ?

Comment

Baker...you sir...are the man. This is awesome and should of been a part of Quake from day one. Seriously excellent work man. You are one of the main reason the Quake 1 community is where it is today!

Comment

..very true - Baker is a real diamond and what the hell would we do without him? But also lets not forget R00k, Havoc, Bam, Zop, Sole, Slot, RocketGuy, ORL, Peg, Polarite, etc who also continue to make major contributions to Quake and all those that have hosted nice servers etc for the benefit of the Quake community as a whole[a big pat on the back and round of applause from all of us to all of you].

:d
                  Last edited by Mr.Burns; 07-17-2008, 06:09 AM.
                  Mr.Burns
                  "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                  WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                  Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Yes, Baker is the man and I think he should star in the Incredible Hulk III

Last edited by Phenom; 07-17-2008, 02:42 AM. Reason: I don't need a damn reason! oh...
                    QuakeOne.com
                    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

I registered here to just to thank those involved with ProQuake. You all do wonderful work keeping Quake alive for Windows XP and beyond.

(and of course a tip of the hat to id Software)

Comment

This renders in all white for me. Using an Nvidia GeForce 8600GTS (in conjunction with an 8500gt I have being used by Physx)
                        e|------------------------0---------------
                        B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                        G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                        D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                        A|---------------0------------------------
                        E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                        X