glpro 4.52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glpro 4.52

glpro452.exe : is this the latest proquake there is ?

Yes.

Comment

ok thanks , I don't have to search further now

Comment

No problem.

Comment

Haven't been on here in over a couple years...just downloaded the latest proquake for mac and had a quick question: this newest version makes the other players all look completely white. What command fixes this?

Comment

Originally posted by crowpath View Post
            Haven't been on here in over a couple years...just downloaded the latest proquake for mac and had a quick question: this newest version makes the other players all look completely white. What command fixes this?
            It's a stupid bug, unfortunately.

This one may be better:

http://quakeone.com/proquake/proquake_466_osx.zip

But I can't remember much about ProQuake Mac 4.66 to know if I put it through a gauntlet of tests to make sure it was release quality. My guess is that it is, otherwise I wouldn't have packaged it up, but honestly I can't remember much about 4.66.

I do know if you use 4.66, you might put -heapsize 128000 in the command line in the launcher. The change in 4.66 was support for giant maps and needs more memory.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
              It's a stupid bug, unfortunately.

This one may be better:

http://quakeone.com/proquake/proquake_466_osx.zip

But I can't remember much about ProQuake Mac 4.66 to know if I put it through a gauntlet of tests to make sure it was release quality. My guess is that it is, otherwise I wouldn't have packaged it up, but honestly I can't remember much about 4.66
              Well, I just booted that up and it did fix the player model issue. Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Hmm, after trying to boot up my holywars bots it's telling me not enough ram and to put "-mem 64" in the command line. Did that and it still crashed.

EDIT2: It's actually doing that when I just boot up quake without mods too. It happens when I try to load a map.
              Last edited by crowpath; 08-22-2012, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crowpath View Post
                Well, I just booted that up and it did fix the player model issue. Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Hmm, after trying to boot up my holywars bots it's telling me not enough ram and to put "-mem 64" in the command line. Did that and it still crashed.
                I can't remember if supports -mem, it may not and may require -heapsize 65536 to do 64 MB, for example.

Other options:

http://quakeone.com/proquake/older_v...oQuake399a.zip
                I'm about 90% sure this one is solid ^^.

http://quakeone.com/proquake/older_v...uake4Zeta0.zip
                Can't remember much about this one. ^^

Sorry for the bad memory, it has been 2-3 years since working on those Mac builds.

If you are mostly doing offline play, Quakespasm is the most solid conservative Mac engine:

Quakespasm

Quakespasm Mac Download: Download QuakeSpasm from SourceForge.net
                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Thanks, Baker.

Heapsize didn't work but I do have functioning versions of Proquake so no big deal (I think I'm using the pq4 zeta version). Since I started playing again the other day I was just noticing the graphics and mouse movement seemed really shaky on this mac which is why I wanted to try the update to see if it ran better.

I'll give quakespasm a shot.

Comment

Working...
                  X