• Show
Clear All

Pasted code - kleshik.txt

-r0t.uk- cOOp - Mapvote - r0t.uk:26001
    -r0t.uk- DM - Mapvote - r0t.uk:26000

Comment

Code:
      ^7userdir 1 is the winner
      ^7Added packfile id1/pak0.pak (339 files)
      ^7Added packfile id1/pak1.pak (85 files)
      ^7Playing registered version.
      You are only loading these pack files and not all the rest of them. That is why you are getting those errors.

Comment

Code:
        ^7Added packfile id1/pak0.pak (339 files)
        ^7Added packfile id1/pak1.pak (85 files)
        ^7Added packfile rogue/pak0.pak (146 files)
        ^7Added packfile hipnotic/pak0.pak (140 files)
        ^7Added packfile kleshik/dresk_basemodels.pk3 (136 files)
        ^7Added packfile kleshik/dresk_basesounds.pk3 (121 files)
        ^7Added packfile kleshik/flisker.pk3 (6 files)
        ^7Added packfile kleshik/newmonsterskins.pk3 (21 files)
        ^7Added packfile kleshik/player_model_fix_ooppee-moo-mykey.pk3 (19 files)
        ^7Added packfile kleshik/qr_2048_quakebestiary_alfader_nergal.pk3 (122 files)
        These are the bare minimal that need to load. This also lets us know that your asset folders are loading correctly. From your original pastebin it only appears you are loading the base ID1 folder.

Going back to my original post on this:

darkplaces.exe -quake -game rogue -game hipnotic -game id1 -game kleshik
        EDIT: I forgot you're linux guy so it's slightly different.

./darkplaces-linux-x86_64-glx -quake -game rogue -game hipnotic -game id1 -game kleshik
        That is the order you must use to load the assets correctly. You could also load these folder inside of the console using gamedir command.
        Last edited by PrimalLove; 09-06-2014, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Added the dresk and newmonster ones which I forgot to copy over. These:

^7Added packfile kleshik/flisker.pk3 (6 files)
          ^7Added packfile kleshik/qr_2048_quakebestiary_alfader_nergal.pk3 (122 files)

aren't on that site :/

Comment

I'm pretty sure they are. But here if you are on linux just do this.

Code:
            svn co [url]https://kleshik.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/kleshik[/url] .\kleshik\
            That will grab everything you need.
            The above assumes you have created a Kleshik folder in your darkplaces folder and running the command from there.

If you want to update it Dresk added an update folder so just run this command to use it

Code:
            svn up .\kleshik
            Then this to load it!

Code:
            ./darkplaces-linux-x86_64-glx -quake -game rogue -game hipnotic -game id1 -game kleshik
            Alternative if it doesn't work that way is this: (not recommended if you can get the first way to work)

./darkplaces-linux-x86_64-glx -game id1 -game rogue -game hipnotic -game kleshik

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalLove View Post
              I'm pretty sure they are. But here if you are on linux just do this.

Code:
              svn co [url]https://kleshik.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/kleshik[/url] .\kleshik\
              Yeah that's what I did. Those console dumps were from trying to join the server that you linked earlier. The single player works fine, or seems to apart from all the darkness.

Last condump:

Comment

This is a fix file to use the HD player model. It isn't in the root folder by default but is inside the optional folder in kleshik root. You'll need to follow instructions in the optional folder player.txt file to make sure assets load right for the player models.

Comment

Your assets are being loaded from the ID1 folder. They should be in the Kleshik folder. :/ I'm confused. I am pretty sure assets have to be loaded the same way as they are on a windows machine which is what I am using so those files should not be in the ID1 folder. I checked your new condump and you are loading them from ID1. Also I don't see rogue or hipnotic loading... So I am confused how it is working in single player for you. Maybe do a condump of it loading in single player? So I can see difference.

Comment

Actually my link was different to yours, which gives a redirection message. p/kleshik/code - Revision 121: /

I don't have a player.txt or any optional folder.

Comment

ok scratch the player.txt. That was for the older kleshik that I updated from. LOL. But it still stands that you aren't loading the right game folders. Atleast your condump says you aren't.

Comment

Ok redownloaded and removed those pk3 files from id1. (I copied them there to see if it would help with online play). This is the condump starting a single player:

Lots of files not able to load and other errors. But it plays ok.

The previous ones were from connecting to the kleshik server that you linked on the first page.

Comment

ok that looks correct. Dunno why it doesn't load right wen connecting to server. Not sure why you cannot load those md2 files tho... Something is still not right..... Lemme show you mine...

Pasted code

You'll see I do not get all of those errors when I connect. Even in single player I do not get all those load errors towards the end.

Comment

I don't have to use any -game parameters for server play do I?

Comment

You can try this version I packed together. It is the same version running on that server right now. It's got a few batch files in it but they can be ignored.

REMOVED!

Have you tried just running your own multiplayer server using -listenserver? See if that works for you.
                              Last edited by PrimalLove; 09-06-2014, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slackhead View Post
                                I don't have to use any -game parameters for server play do I?
                                ROFL! Yes you still have to run your game with those cvars.

Always have to run this on your end!

Last edited by PrimalLove; 09-06-2014, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X