No announcement yet.

Shotgun shells.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shambler keep working on your blender skills some day you will be able to make the best frozen margarita ever! lol did you ever get unstuck on the wizard you were working on? i was looking forward to killing him

Comment

Finally doing it right, my setting for UV was by angle which seemed to mess up my UV.

I also seem to be doing better with UV seaming

I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
      But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

already looks a lot better shambler

althought the island you have selected in your picture looks a bit messy
        allow me to give you a tip how you can fix it if blender unwraps a part messy like that

in the 'UV/image editor' at the bottom bar, you will find a set of icons which allow you to select faces, edges and loops.
        it looks similar to the set of icons in 3D-view while in edit mode.

select the 2nd option, which has 3 vertical highlighted lines. this one allows you to select edges of an island

hold ALT and then rightclick a horizontal edge of the island which looks messy to select all the edges of the loop

then with this loop selected still, press the W-key on your keyboard which brings up the weld/align menu.
        select 'align Y' at the bottom, and voila, this loop will now be straightened

repeat this for all the horizontal loops, and then do the same for all vertical loops but instead use 'align X' for these, and you'll end up with this

a nice tidy square island without funky stretching or warping, which'll be easy to texture

this is of course only usefull for islands from straight items which blender messed up,
        but its a quick&easy way to fix islands that blender unwrapped messy
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Before you hand make everything Talisa said, just hilight your entire mesh in the UV editor and press cntrl+v (minimize stretch - which can also be found in the [UV's] menu). It'll probably save you time on hand-aligning every edge.
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
            Before you hand make everything Talisa said, just hilight your entire mesh in the UV editor and press cntrl+v (minimize stretch - which can also be found in the [UV's] menu). It'll probably save you time on hand-aligning every edge.
            Dammit I wish I would have read this 6 models ago. Lol.
            'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

LOL. Just to put that poly count into perspective, 5k is the average figure for a full character, and you are using it on one shell casing.

Comment

GAMEBANANA: Shotgun shell (no texture). (Models > Shells)

Made the UV better.
                I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
                But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

Working...
                X