No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metallforest, particle effect scripting syntax is not rocket science. It uses simple scripting parms which have easily identifiable names. Basically, by reading an effect block you should be able to understand what each line does. There are hundreds of commented effect samples available. Read the wiki for more details and to get the full picture.
    Effectinfo Scripting Reference | QuakeWiki

The effectinfo.txt that you mentioned defines all particle effects, yes. But it also handles decals and can add dynamic lights as well.
    I looked into dp´s original effect definition for the lavaball, which uses the standard TR_ROCKET effect, and added only the light responsible lines into the external effectinfo.txt from here. The result is that the particles stay the same but lavaballs now have the light-shadow thing that you missed. In addition they don´t have this oversaturated look anymore, which look wrong near walls.
    This is a neat mod, but it has room for improvement.
    Throw this file into your trunk or in your mod folder to use it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Henry; 02-03-2015, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• Need links to previous versions

Have a issue need a link, hope someone can help. I recently updated my Android version of Quake (app is called QI4A) and in doing so I deleted my copy of SMC 4.55. This is a major issue because all following updates to SMC require a newer updated version of Darkplaces to work properly. (QI4A is not properly updated) I am now unable to run Quake in HD modded glory on my Nexus 7. Please someone help I need a link to SMC 4.55 to keep Quake alive in my pocket.

Comment

• There are links to all smc (4.25+) in the original post.

Whoops, I didn't realize those were just change log links. Apparently seven doesn't maintain old version links. I think I have this so, I will try and find it for you. I might only have 4.5 though.

I'm suprised the smc wasn't put on a repository long ago. Or maybe it was and I just can't find it. There is also nothing on quaddicted in mods/ or misc/. This is crazy to me. An awful lot of work went into smc for it to be hanging on final versions in one drop box.

I'll wayback and see if maybe you'll get lucky and find an smc link that was maaaaybe hosted elsewhere. You'll be very lucky if I do, and even luckier if it is the right one.
        Last edited by MadGypsy; 03-04-2015, 11:16 AM.
        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• @gypsy
          those links are only to update-logs of those older versions.
          the only downloads available are of the latest version of SMC.

would help myself but im afraid i threw away older SMC versions myself,
          didnt see a point in keeping a backup of them cuz i didnt expect anybody would ever ask for them
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Well, I waybacked it, found a rapidshare link, felt like a boss and then realized it was defunct. :/ Sorry man, I tried really hard for you. Apparently I don't have a copy either.

Comment

• yeah seven used to use rapidshare untill a few updates ago, and those links all expired...

and since he has moved over to dropbox he deleted every older version of the SMC as he uploaded the new version,
              so there are no available downloads to older versions.

so unless seven himself kept backups of older versions of the SMC,
              or someone else happens to have kept older versions, you're out of luck skinpopper
              Last edited by talisa; 03-04-2015, 12:13 PM.
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• I had a search and found that I had one set of SMC downloads from 2012:

Quake-Small-Mod-Compilation-V4.12--Seven-20121010

Hipnotic-Small-Mod-Compilation-V3.80--Seven-20120409

Rogue-Small-Mod-Compilation-V3.81--Seven-20120416

Hopefully they are helpful to you.
                Username : Atomic Robokid on Steam

Please check out my Quake made things:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/run-over
                https://adam-freeman.itch.io/hazard
                https://adam-freeman.itch.io/diver
                https://adam-freeman.itch.io/beyond

Comment

• Uploaded the version 4.55 - https://mega.co.nz/#F!4d4XFLSa!kpHX5-TaHZ_ASiIF0EsNaA

I'll upload the other versions later!
                  Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

• Can someone tell me what the difference is between these 4 files?

00 Hipnotic-Small-Mod-Compilation-V5.01--Seven-20140828.rar
                    00 Quake-Small-Mod-Compilation-V5.00--Seven-20140811.rar
                    00 Quake-Small-Mod-Compilation-V5.11_update_Seven-20141011.rar
                    00 Rogue-Small-Mod-Compilation-V5.01--Seven-20140827.rar

I'm not sure which one(s) im supposed to download.

Comment

• the files labeled hipnotic and rogue are for the mission-packs

the 1st mission-pack SoA was made by hipnotic,
                      and the 2nd mission-pack DoE was made by rogue

for normal quake, you will need both files labelled 'quake'
                      the v5.11 is an update to the SMC but it requires you to have v5.0 as well.

if you also have both mission-packs, download the packs labeled hipnotic and rogue also,
                      and extract them each in the folders of the mission-packs

Comment

• Thank you very much!

Comment

• Dear all,

I do not want to revive a dead horse.
                          Just talk about some ideas I recently had. If there is some interest I will try to bring them into this mod.

Some things which might be interesting for this mod:

1.) For Ogre (not changing gameplay. only slight edits)
                          - some particles when scratching its chainsaw blade over the floor (while walking).
                          - chainsaw emitting smoke when he is attacking with it
                          - muzzleflash/particles when he shoots his grenades

2.) For Enforcer (changing gameplay optionally)
                          - Adding a spehere around enforcers, which randomly appear and makes them invulnerable for a short time to make it a tougher opponent during a fight.

I recorded an early work in progress to show the concept. It does not include invulnerable-feature yet. Working on the visuals first. Recorded with fullbright lighting for better visibility. Maybe it can look something like this:
                          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VomiAROzcTU[/ame]

3.) For Shalrath (changing gameplay optionally)
                          - Implementing a variation of Nehahra´s shalrath feature: Hanging on ceilings
                          Most probably needs a model modification, so it will not work with existing custom models, so I might scrap this idea because of this (smc should work independent to used replacements). But will try what I can do to achieve it without model edits...

4.) For Demon (and maybe others) (not changing gameplay)
                          - Adding tails to fast monster movements like the Demon jump or maybe Tarbaby. The effect like it is used in movies or in pictures. I do not know english word/explanation of it. Something like a "comet tail" ?
                          This effect maybe also suits to tarbaby/spider jumps or fish/hydra movement underwater.

I recorded an early work in progress to show the concept. Must be optimized from front view to better see the effect... I already have an idea... Recorded with fullbright lighting for better visibility.
                          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p4H4e-StCE[/ame]

5.) For all monsters (not changing gameplay)
                          - pain skins when shooting monsters

6.) New monsters (changing gameplay optionally)
                          - there are those 2 still waiting

Best regards,
                          Seven

Comment

• @something like comet tails, don't know english explanation

Motion blur.

I like all of these ideas, Seven. I didn't know SMC was a dead horse. I have a little project of my own and I have been using the smc like crazy to test my project.

Did you know that you do not have to dump the SMC in id1/rogue/hipnotic folders but you can actually put SMC in it's own game folder and load it with

(hipnotic example - assuming smc is in a folder named hipsmc)
                            darkplaces.exe -hipnotic -game hipsmc +map start

(Rogue example - assuming smc is in a folder named smc)
                            darkplaces.exe -rogue -game smc +map start

Id1 example is identical minus the rogue switch. However if you wanted to use a switch for id1 it would be -quake but, this is dp default and not necessary.
                            Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-07-2015, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Gypsy is correct, SMC is not a dead horse at all. I like the ideas. I'm glad to see you excited again about working on Quake and the SMC!!!!!

Comment

• Do it Seven.

Comment

Working...
                                X